Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sensation 02 settings

Options
  • 10-06-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, has anybody succeeded in getting MMS working on the o2 network (ireland)?
    If so could you post the APN details - I'm tearing my hair out. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

APN Name: O2 MMS

APN: Internet
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    MMS proxy: 62.40.32.40
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC:272
    MNC:O2

The rest is blank/default

• Registered Users Posts: 7 handelman

Thanks for your reply but that doesnt work. The internet is flying but no MMS messages. Do you have a HTC sensation and is it actually sending MMS?
    Thanks

Yup I do indeed, took me a while to get it working myself, did you create a separate apn profile for mms ?

You can try this too, but it didn't work for me:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59855423&postcount=34

Do I need two separate APN profiles?

I think so, well that's how I got mine to work, I have the "O2.ie Internet" and "O2 MMS" apn's on my sensation.

• Advertisement

Could I be a real pain and ask you for the precise setting on out o2.ie internet profile, in case i;ve set something wrong/ tHANKS AGAIN!

The internet APN is really really simple, it's literally two fields:

Name:O2.ie Internet
    APN: internet

APN's
    162500.png

Internet:
    162501.png

162502.png

MMS:
    162503.png

162504.png

Thanks for all your kind help.
    For the benefit of others who might have the same issue - I solved it by going in to the mms settings and disabling the "send read receipt" - don't ask me why but the problem then disappeared! Hop this helps others...

y delight was shortlived. While I can indeed send MMS successfully and they are received....I am unable to receive them.....nothing arrives...no message no notification......Any ideas anybody? Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

handelman wrote: »
    y delight was shortlived. While I can indeed send MMS successfully and they are received....I am unable to receive them.....nothing arrives...no message no notification......Any ideas anybody? Thanks in advance.

My problem too with my ZTE Blade. Nobody seems to know how to fix it though... god I hate android now.

• Advertisement

I don't know whether this will be of help but in my case the problem stemmed from the fact that my last phone was an iPhone and the messaging server was set to iMode which is incompatible with the Android. Once I finally got a real techie in O2 the settings were changed and Bingo! Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

CombatCow wrote: »
    The internet APN is really really simple, it's literally two fields:

Name:O2.ie Internet
    APN: internet

APN's
    162500.png

Internet:
    162501.png

162502.png

MMS:
    162503.png

162504.png

You star, thanks! How'd you do the screenshots? An app?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys sorry to drag this up but I am totally unable to get this to work.

I have tried using the same settings as above (using a new profile in apn just for MMS) but it did not work. I called 02 and they emailed me these settings:

Name: o2 MMS
    APN: wap.dol.ie
    Proxy: 62.40.32.40
    Port: 8080
    Username:
    Password:
    Server: http://www.o2.ie
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    MMS Proxy 62.40.32.40
    MMS Port: 8080
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 02
    APN type:

but they did not work either. Maybe I'm doing something silly can anyone suggest what I should try?
    Thanks

Darragh wrote: »
    You star, thanks! How'd you do the screenshots? An app?

I used the Android SDK to take a screen capture, its really handy.

Zascar another user said he previously had an iphone and his O2 account settings were set to imode and that prevented MMS working for him with his android device. He had to call customer service to fix it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hmm my previous phone was a HTC Desire..

How come the ones that 02 sent me are so different to what you posted Combatcow?

Should I try putting them all on the one APN?

Advertisement