Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History

• 10-06-2011 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

What is everybody banking on?

The gallery question is guaranteed, right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Meeod

Not exactly guaranteed but it has come up every year..
    Last year it came up with a twist.. you had to compare a large national gallery to a smaller local one. Personally I'm depending on this question and newgrange :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

hopefully newgrange & impressionism or something with landscape paintings and exhibition q otherwise i'm screwed! the worst thing is that i don't have much time to study for this as i have to do all my history for wed! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 partyman 2011

am it a night before job to study for ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 spazzy

if the worst comes to the worst u can always say ur misuderstood
    an artist not appreciated in their own time :) like Piero della Franchesca
    god ive done nothin :/ o well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 megumiwinS

!!! wrote: »
    What is everybody banking on?

The gallery question is guaranteed, right?

Emm... My teacher told us that the gallery question is not guaranteed. Usually it does come up but there's one year it didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

For Irish History part , stone age + Bronze / Iron ? huuum?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 smileeey

art history....
    newgrange (hopefully)
    manuscripts
    christian jewellery
    high crosses
    paul henry
    maybe....
    sean keating and jb yeats if i have time

euroopean...
    early renaissance botticelli
    impressionism manet
    surrealism magritte and dali
    dadism heartfield
    post imp van gogh
    pre raph rosetti
    if i have time.....
    romanticism constable..

appreciation
    prob public art
    advertising
    irish street art
    hopefully something cool will come up i really dont want to have to learn my stupid museum quest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Meeod

Metalwork question always comes up but its a risky one because your usually asked to comment on a picture of some metalwork piece never seen before :/ Praying for newgrange and the gallery q! Hopefully one of the main renaissance painters too..

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

I know the entire pre-Christian Ireland section and the entire Romanesque and Gothic era (Europe) section.

Does anybody know if that's enough to cover me; is there a q. on each guaranteed in their respective sections? The books suggest it is so it seemed the most straightforward option, but everybody else seems to be learning bits and pieces instead?

Advertisement