Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I struggle with Eircom's 10GB usage allowance?

• 10-06-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Signed up to their 7MB introductory deal today. Time will tell if it's a big mistake but a bit concerned about the miserly 10GB usage. Never checked my monthly stats with clearwire so unsure how much I use.......it's mainly just regular browsing, 3 or 4 skype calls a week, about 4 or 5 music albums per month, the same in podcasts per month, and regular but not excessive Youtube viewing. No videos or TV.

Should I be OK with what they are giving me? Tks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ArseBook

I was thinking of downgrading from their unlimited broadband to their 10gb capped one recently to save a bob. I had a look at my usage when they introduced that new usage tracker last week and I was up the triple figure range. I've no idea how as I wouldn't be watching a lot of youtube or gaming/downloading torrents a lot but it goes to show.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on that tracker on their site for the first month and upgrade if you're struggling to keep the numbers down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If you are able to get UPC, use your 7-day cooling off period and get away from eircom, they're a shower of wasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

sdonn wrote: »
    If you are able to get UPC, use your 7-day cooling off period and get away from eircom, they're a shower of wasters.

In Drogheda so by all accounts can't get UPC. Eircom my only hope in getting decent speeds I'm afraid. Most of the rest are not able to provide a service where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LoveGreen

Cant get uPC here either but we use Pure Telecom and for +4 euros we have an unlimited download cap (no fair usage contract either). We have it for about a year now and its great not having to worry what I download/watch etc. Phone bill hasnt been cheaper either:)

Advertisement