Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upcoming low moving in saturday night/sunday

Options
  • 10-06-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

hi all ..first post so gonna keep it simple:o the front thats movin in saturday night, has it any promise for some big winds and rain,met eirann are giving very wet and windy for the time period.just wondering what the smart people think, it looks a little tasty on the sat image?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Didnt see the forecast earlier but it doesnt look particularly strong on the models?

gfs-0-42_kgn0.png

It'll bring more wind and heavy rain but thats been a daily occurrence over the past month anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GSF

It seems to be more of a flooding risk than a wind risk. Its the east that is going to get the worst of it this time I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

GSF wrote: »
    It seems to be more of a flooding risk than a wind risk. Its the east that is going to get the worst of it this time I believe.

Lets hope so because it's parts of the east that could do with some rain:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

dexter647 wrote: »
    Lets hope so because it's parts of the east that could do with some rain:)

Yeah, could do with a lot of rain.

I know some say May was a bad month but in some parts of the country we got very little rain in May and there is still drought like conditions despite the few thundery showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Yeah lets hope the south east gets most of this rain, because it seems the north west got most of the rain in may.
    Hopefully enough to last through the nice hot/dry July that were going to get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Calm before the storm so calm and clear here ,hard to believe there is so much rain on the way , looks deadly on the met radar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

it was a gorgeous evening last. Still very still this morning. Will it be coming up this way to mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Web_radar.gif

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Damn it, I'm playing golf in an hour, and my brolly's a bit gammy :rolleyes: At least it's right next door to Casement so I can check later exactly how many mms of rain it took to soak me right through!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light rain has just arrived here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Just a spit or two here in Dublin airport....looks like an alien attack on the radar images :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It started raining here around 5.15am, it was light at the start , there was a giant rainbow in the sky before the rain started and there was a reddish sky.
    So a lot of signs there!!!

It is starting to get brighter now and rain easing so around 7 hours of rainfall if it totally stops in the next 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

its a wee bit away from clearing here its just cleared dungarvan and seems to be stalling a little bit http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Nice calm morning .. about 15 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Winds a blowing since morning, very showery, heavy light showers, mank.com
    midlands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Well that has to be the worst weather I've ever played golf in.....shudda stayed in bed! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Misty rain here mainly, didnt get the heavy rain, 17c but doesnt feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

The rain has cleared the south, the southeast and parts of the east but seems to be dragging its heels along the west :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

The rain has cleared the south, the southeast and parts of the east but seems to be dragging its heels along the west :(

There seems to be something odd going on with the radar? Looks pretty clear over Munster on the radar for the last couple of hours, yet Cork AP still reported 1.2mm of rain at 1500.

Still raining here (despite radar showing rain cleared from here). 9.9mm so far today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not a drop of rain here all day, somehow managed to miss the whole thing :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement