Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with hard drive

Options
  • 10-06-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

I bought an 80gb hard drive on ebay which turned out to be one of the Chinese ones of course.
    It actually works ok but for some games especially the one I'm trying to play,San Andreas it just wont start.

Basically if I format the hard drive on the Xbox itself will it work?
    I just ask because it means moving everything off it to do it.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

No, you need to download the backwards compatibility update. Im too busy too help at this moment, so just google it and that will sort ya

Remember San andreas was a V1 game

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

AndywK wrote: »
    No, you need to download the backwards compatibility update. Im too busy too help at this moment, so just google it and that will sort ya

Remember San andreas was a V1 game

I should have mentioned,San Andreas has been downloaded from Xbox live so I would have the update surely?

Better off getting the backwards comp DL jjust in case. Happens a lot

I've had a look and it says I should automatically have gotten that download.
    Lost as to what to do.Can't find anything on Live.

Or just download the comp and see if that works.......
    Also try clear the cache...risk formatting on your own.
    If its an official HDD then call MS, if not then you b****ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Xbox original games will not work with chinese HDDs, speaking from experience here. The official HDD has a partition or something to run original xbox games that were downloaded or on disc.

I think there's a way to add the required partition to a chinese HDD but i've no clue about that stuff, someone on here mentioned it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

zero19 wrote: »
    Xbox original games will not work with chinese HDDs, speaking from experience here. The official HDD has a partition or something to run original xbox games that were downloaded or on disc.

I think there's a way to add the required partition to a chinese HDD but i've no clue about that stuff, someone on here mentioned it before.

This is true there is a compatibility folder on partition 2 of the hdd, I can extract mine and you can copy it to yours if it's any help, you need an adapter to connect your Xbox hdd to your pc though

justryan wrote: »
    This is true there is a compatibility folder on partition 2 of the hdd, I can extract mine and you can copy it to yours if it's any help, you need an adapter to connect your Xbox hdd to your pc though
    Thanks a lot!PM sent to you.

Hi justryan,did you get PM?

Can anyone send me this compatibility folder on partition 2??
    Its wrecking my head and I want to get it sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

PM sent

Advertisement