Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland Mobile Service

Options
  • 10-06-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

I have been out of the loop, but can anyone tell me which operator is the best one to go for on an All-Ireland basis, PAYG or Pre-Pay, doesn't matter if the operator is UK-based, or Irish-based.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

They all gouge you to a greater or lesser extent. Three is possibly best, but three native coverage in outlying parts of the 6 counties is poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

ardmacha wrote: »
    but three native coverage in outlying parts of the 6 counties is poor.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Is there anything out there from Tesco Mobile, or did I imagine they had some kind of all-Ireland service?

Tesco launched with a pretty good deal. But I have the impression that their data doesn't work in the North at all. I may be wrong, but if this is the case it blighted their basic 32 country offering. Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The website says that call charges are the same for both the North and South, but mentions nothing of data charges.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi Guys

We dont have data roaming yet so there is no data coverage in the north

regards
    Paul

We dont have data roaming yet so there is no data coverage in the north

If I may say so, you dropped the ball slightly on this one in the context of this thread, whatever about the broader issues of data roaming. You had a fairly decent proposition for charging the same throughout Ireland, data should have been included in the planning with O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

ardmacha wrote: »
    If I may say so, you dropped the ball slightly on this one in the context of this thread, whatever about the broader issues of data roaming. You had a fairly decent proposition for charging the same throughout Ireland, data should have been included in the planning with O2.

Hi Ardmhacha,

Point taken. We expect to having this sorted around end of year.

regards
    Paulk

Advertisement