Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* German predictions / discussion / aftermath * (1 thread only please)

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Jeez, terrible weather in Germany.

Nice paper. It wasn't ridiculously easy, but it certainly wasn't too difficult.

And now, I never have to speak another word of German again!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

I was happy enough with the paper. Found the Ausserung's tricky enough, I did part b. The letter was alright.

I LOVED the first comprehension, it was interesting and not too difficult!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

easy enough :D
    delighted it's all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

That was almost off-puttingly easy! I actually had to confirm with a German teacher that I'd done the right thing in the Grammar section :) She told me it was all right too, which is a major boost to finish on :) And you can't bate getting marks for slagging off Jedward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

That written paper was incredibly sexy.

The listening was alright too, but I found the second and fourth sections a bit difficult.

Otherwise - excellent!

• Advertisement

Yes, actually, what the hell was up with the grammar? MODAL VERBS? It was like being in second year again. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pre Judas

What did everyone put down for the last part of the modal verbs' question?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

I loved the comprehensions! Especially the evil hairdresser one. Only Germans. :rolleyes: Letter was fine (I said Jedward were "idioten" :) ), Ausserungs were sort of annoying but I did the second one and brought the recession into it etc.

Aural was also easier than usual, but for the one with the girl going to Australia for work experience, I put down that the boy was annoyed rather than worried! It only occurred to me how obvious it was when I left the exam and my friend asked me did I put worried or sceptical. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... It'll only be a few marks I suppose, but still! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

Violafy wrote: »
    Aural was also easier than usual, but for the one with the girl going to Australia for work experience, I put down that the boy was annoyed rather than worried! It only occurred to me how obvious it was when I left the exam and my friend asked me did I put worried or sceptical. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... It'll only be a few marks I suppose, but still! :mad:

I think they always put 2 correct options for that,can't remember what the others were but i ticked sceptical,but was also thinking about annoyed :)

Pre Judas wrote: »
    What did everyone put down for the last part of the modal verbs' question?

I used plural, can't remember the verb. Was weird to break the monotony of the third person in those answers!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

what.to.do wrote: »
    I used plural, can't remember the verb. Was weird to break the monotony of the third person in those answers!! :P

I think it was dürfen! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

All very easy, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 emchugh

happy overall :) but dont forget what the almighty examiner giveth, he taketh away.... it'll be the opposite of maths, they will take marks away for it being too easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nikkaypandarr

Such a lovely exam! The letter was sehr leicht, and the grammar was lovely!
    Comprehensions were a bit funny, but simple enough! Can't say I loved the Aural, the examiner was a bit of a dope too and turned it up waaaay too loud towards the end, echoes everywhere, and couldn't get him attention to turn it down! THEN he started coughing up his lungs, so I missed the last news section completely 3 TIMES. But anyway, its done now and overall I'm very happy.

FREEDOM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

SO going there!

Oh God, realized I've seen videos of that airport section LOADS of times. Irony ><

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

That paper was definitely the easier I think of all the papers I've done - mocks, and past papers. Modal verbs like...REALLY?! I was preparing for some serious relative pronouns (which did come up) and constructing questions.

It was really just a very nice paper, expecting a draconian marking scheme though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pre Judas

I was really thrown by the fact it wasn't in the 3rd person! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

Such a lovely exam! The letter was sehr schlecht, and the grammar was lovely!
    Comprehensions were a bit funny, but simple enough! Can't say I loved the Aural, the examiner was a bit of a dope too and turned it up waaaay too loud towards the end, echoes everywhere, and couldn't get him attention to turn it down! THEN he started coughing up his lungs, so I missed the last news section completely 3 TIMES. But anyway, its done now and overall I'm very happy.

FREEDOM :D

:pac:

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    :pac:

Yeah, I saw that too... I was wondering was it irony, a bad joke, or just bad german.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nikkaypandarr

Yeah, I saw that too... I was wondering was it irony, a bad joke, or just bad german.... :P

I noticed straight away :P

It can't really be bad german , seeing as my family is german, so its just a case of tiredness after 2 weeks of exams... embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

My girlfriend's dad is obsessed with those miniature trains, and he's been to Hamburg a couple of times for that exhibition, so I found the second comprehension very enjoyable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

*fist pump

Wasn't too sure about some of my comprehension answers but grammar was gorgeous.

My friend is getting obsessed with videos of that model place in Hamburg following the exam XD

Advertisement