Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon now delivering Groceries to Ireland

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

we've also a 3yo using pull ups and the twins are in different size activefits for the days then the girl twin needs baby dry for the nights, i could build a house from the boxes of nappies we have to have here lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

smccarrick wrote: »
    Btw- thought they might be cheaper in the UK- and priced them in Asda and Sainsburys up North- and was startled to find them even more expensive than down here :confused: Even things like Bepanthem were signficantly more expensive. So much for cheaper groceries up North.......

True that, and not only for nappies. I was in England over Christmas to visit the folks and went to Tesco to stock up on basics. I found almost everything more expensive than in my local Tesco in Ireland. Milk, for example, was £1.49 for 2 litres of Tesco low fat. Tesco Waterford charges €1.49 for the same thing.

It amazed me because I'm used to us paying over the odds for everything in Ireland, but perhaps that's not always true.

Also, I was recently pricing up new kitchen appliances (oven, hob, fridge-freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer etc etc). Every single item, like for like down to the model number, was cheaper in Ireland than in any UK retailer that I or Google Shopping could find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's very hit and miss I've found between Ireland and the UK. In the UK, you could go to a supermarket with £5 in your pocket and it would go very far.

Some things such as Milk work out a little more expensive, but I found bread/beans/pasta and most condiments worked out a lot cheaper than here.

Meats again worked out more or less the same, however Irish meat absolutely trumps any of the British stuff. I couldn't believe there was such a difference at first. Maybe it's what you're used to though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The one baby related item that I'd actively plan on purchasing is Calpol and/or Neurofen- its about £5 for a 200ml bottle- versus over Euro8 for a 100ml bottle here.........

Yes- we are spoilt with high quality food here- we don't really appreciate it until we go elsewhere- meat is especially good here- but the fruit and veg you pick up even in Aldi or Lidl (not to mention the Farmer's Markets) can't be bettered elsewhere. Even getting a semi edible sandwich can be a chore in many parts of London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

How......why does this always happen?:mad:

You always have to check everything yourself cuz of this bull on here.

Because Mailburner was referring to Lidl nappies being cheaper. I said that NatureBabycare nappies are cheaper on Amazon.co.uk, and that still stands. You cannot compare a meal from Patrick Guillbaud to a meal in McDonalds and claim that McDonalds is cheaper. Of course it is, but you are not comparing the like for like.

There is no bull here, NatureBabycare nappies, which are the ones I want to buy, ARE cheaper on Amazon. They are about 9 euros here

Advertisement