Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Wireless?

Options
  • 11-06-2011 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Anyone experiencing problems with Vodafone Wireless? This past couple of nights am having difficulty connecting for some strange reason and as I speak am connected through an unsecured network, anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,
    Francie

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What exactly do you mean by Vodafone wireless? Are you using dsl (bb over the phone) and a wireless router or are you using a Vodafone 3g hotspot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

dub45 wrote: »
    What exactly do you mean by Vodafone wireless?

Yes sorry its Vodafone BB over the phone, I can connect directly no problem but I normally use Wireless as am upstairs but lately I cannot connect and all I have now is the ZyXEL Unsecured network, didn't get any notice of maintenance/upgrade from vodafone which is appalling if you ask me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Your wireless problems have nothing go to do with Vodafone.

All dsl providers provide broadband to your phone point. If you can connect directly then your bb service is ok.

If you use a wireless network then that is your responsibility to look after so you will have to start diagnosing what might have gone wrong with your wireless set up. Try changing the wireless channel for a start.

Your wireless problems have nothing go to do with Vodafone.

All dsl providers provide broadband to your phone point. If you can connect directly then your bb service is ok.

If you use a wireless network then that is your responsibility to look after so you will have to start diagnosing what might have gone wrong with your wireless set up. Try changing the wireless channel for a start.

OK Dub thanks.

Turns out the Router needed updating to fix bugs such Wireless Connectivity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement