Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Day Ban from After Hours

Options
  • 11-06-2011 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭

I would like to appeal a ban from After Hours.
    You have been banned from After Hours for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Ignoring clear concise on thread mod warnings.

The post that I was banned for was in response to another user complaining another thread was locked - I responded in perhaps a crude way, bemoaning the crap that was being said about a man who had just died;
    Because there are too many pricks on these forums

I did read the mod warning on the OP as instructed by the thread title and feel that this comment does not violate it
    However perhaps it was interpreted wrongly or taken out of context.

Regards,
    Shadow

P.S. Staff I just want my name cleared, don't have much time to browse AH anyway ATM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi Shadow,
    I did read the mod warning on the OP as instructed by the thread title and feel that this comment does not violate it
    However perhaps it was interpreted wrongly or taken out of context.

There was a warning in the OP and also multiple warnings throughout the thread including one which explicitly states "Giving out about people giving out will result in bans" (see here).

The statement you made on thread:
    Because there are too many pricks on these forums
    clearly violated this and the request for people to keep it civil, OT and in the sentiment of the thread and it resulted in a ban. It's a fairly clear cut case to be honest and I support the ban in full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

I cannot see your link, but I only read the OP Warning before posting
    It was quite a large thread and its unrealistic to expect people to trawl through it all

If you log out you can view it.

A large thread it may be, but we expect people to stay civil and courteous, you obviously didn't. The warning was there very clearly, the onus really is on the users to be aware of what's going on in a thread.

The OP Warning clearly says that the thread is for condolences only. Your post was OT and very much going against the sentiments of the thread.

Thanks for the log out tip.
    You see, your post was #252 in a thread with 20+ pages (my settings maybe different to others)
    The post was in reply to someone bemoaning the closing of the thread in the Politics forum (temporarily).
    The poster asked why, and I replied (the thread had a lot of insensitive posts)y
    I agree my wording could be better, but a ban seems extreme and unfair.
    It is unrealistic to ban someone due to them not seeing a warning that there was no notice about in my opinion

Shadow

But your post also contravened the Warning in the opening post. Besides which calling other posters "pricks" is clearly against the site-wide abuse rule. If you see posts you don't agree with you report them and let the Moderators take care of it.

• Advertisement

" Folks, it's a condolence thread, not a "Let's bash the Government/ Politicians one". Innapropriate posts will be deleted on sight and bans/ infractions given where needed."

I don't agree that calling people who almost delight at someone's death (who were not murders or w/e) pricks is against the site rules, and does not violate the OP warning.

I don't agree that calling people who almost delight at someone's death (who were not murders or w/e) pricks is against the site rules, and does not violate the OP warning.

Well then we're at an impasse. I'll hand this over to an Admin for review.

You failed to head to multiple on-thread warnings and got banned for seven days in keeping with the Moderating on the thread. I will not be overturning the ban.

That's fair enough if you want to hand it over to an Admin.
    Sorry for any trouble, I just don't want an undeserved "reputation" or w/e.

Shadow the AH Mods and myself have had a chat over this and they do think that you made a genuine mistake on this so your ban will be lifted. But please let this serve as a warning for you to read threads in full before you come out with comments like that - we can understand where you were coming from, but report the posts you have an issue with and let the Mods deal with them.

Admins this can be marked as resolved.

Thank you :) I am sorry for any trouble caused.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement