Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's Alright?

Options
  • 11-06-2011 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hmmmm

Me: "Hey thanks for the help"
    Australian/New Zealander: "That's Alright"

Me: "Im sorry I couldnt make it last night"
    Australian/New Zealander: "That's Alright"

Please dont take this seriously. Just a bit of fun outside of visas and tax!

How can you use the same answer for exact opposite statements? I get the im sorry answer but i dont get responding 'That's Alright' when someone thanks you. Can someone help explain where it comes from?
    Suppose im use to 'you're welcome' or 'No boder'

Cheers
    Munky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

It has the same meaning as "No bother"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

No worries would be more common in my opinion. Its what I always say anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I reckon tell them you just banged their missus and see if you get the same answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Feelgood wrote: »
    I reckon tell them you just banged their missus and see if you get the same answer.

Haha. I dont see a no bother coming out either?

I suppose its a bit like no bother. No bother is more like no worries though. I still, and always will, think of it as a 'sorry' response.

My Ex is from Auckland and she said this all the time. So I asked her and she couldnt really say why she said it. Just always did. Then I got to Oz and everyone says it. Just wondering is all!

Advertisement