Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Spanish * Predictions / discussion / aftermath (One thread please)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Camilo

Paper was lovely enough but what was with the tape? Not sure if this was somehow just my school but the pauses inbetween sections were most certainly not 40 seconds and the weather and Q7(aural) were bloody rediculous

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trotsky93

you're a dead give away mcguire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JReilly

The paper was okay. I found the texts to be hard, but the letter, dialogue, opinion piece and diary entry were good. The aural was complete crap to be honest. I could barely understand what was being said.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Eoin MurMur

trotsky93 wrote: »
    you're a dead give away mcguire

Tom?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trotsky93

kudos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gbro800

And I thought it was just me with the aural. I've seen a big improvement with spanish aural in recent months. I was the only one sitting as an external student today and I was struggling big time with the aural paper , I'll be lucky to get half the marks. Written paper was great though, very typical topics covered. ¡Adios Leaving Cert! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

What did people make of the HL Spanish paper today??
    I thought it was ok apart from the aural which was desperate..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mr.BA

Guys,

Well done on finishing Spanish!! Took a look at the exam and by god ye were blessed with everything that came up! The opinion questions were just amazing! You could have talked so much for how Ireland change in the last ten years and you don't need money to be happy!!
    No matter what one you did, I'd say most of the country did great!

The note and the diary questions were superb.
    Best Spanish Paper I have seen in a good few years!!

Enhorabuena!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

Beautiful Spanish paper. Opened it and nearly cried with happiness when I saw the comprehensions and the topic piece.

Dialogue was easier than other years. Lots of would be and past tense verbs but if you knew them then it was grand :D

Didn't have that much of a problem with the aural. The one about the weather was just horrendous though. There was another one which took me a while to get all the answers too, can't remember which one. Unemployment in young people was ... incomprehensible.

All in all, I am delighted. :D If only the Machu Picchu question had made sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Belmono

Definitely a poorly-presented comprehension. The first question was strange: ‘What was the purpose of the trail?’ I assume it has to do with the first paragraph, and the fact that the trail led to Machu Picchu. The second question seems straightforward enough, but it’s the third question which seems odd. First off, there’s no reason in the world to have a question mark following the statement (did anyone actually proofread the paper? This happened more than once. Also the accent on the ‘e’ of ‘Esto’ in the text is crazy!). Second, the answers seem all to be in the second paragraph (nothing wrong with this of course). I’m guessing examiners will take any references to rivers, valleys, jungle and Andean heights. The third paragraph just appears to be there for decoration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Mr.BA

Belmono wrote: »
    Definitely a poorly-presented comprehension. The first question was strange: ‘What was the purpose of the trail?’ I assume it has to do with the first paragraph, and the fact that the trail led to Machu Picchu. The second question seems straightforward enough, but it’s the third question which seems odd. First off, there’s no reason in the world to have a question mark following the statement (did anyone actually proofread the paper? This happened more than once. Also the accent on the ‘e’ of ‘Esto’ in the text is crazy!). Second, the answers seem all to be in the second paragraph (nothing wrong with this of course). I’m guessing examiners will take any references to rivers, valleys, jungle and Andean heights. The third paragraph just appears to be there for decoration.

Sorry but I have to completely disagree!
    Nothing in that paper should have been difficult. Everything was explained and outlined easily. Ok, I give you the benefit of the doubt with the comprehensions but everything else should have been grand. best paper in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Belmono

Mr.BA wrote: »
    Sorry but I have to completely disagree!
    Nothing in that paper should have been difficult. Everything was explained and outlined easily. Ok, I give you the benefit of the doubt with the comprehensions but everything else should have been grand. best paper in a long time.

You'll note that I was only referring to the first comprehension, and not to any other part of the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sr27

I think this was the hardest paper I've seen. Having completed all previous papers (several times due to an imense lack of Spanish resources available in Ireland) I thought yesterday's comprehensions were hard enough. The texts were ok but the questions on facebook were a little awkward. This would have been fair enough if it wasn't for the shambolic aural exam that followed.

Having done the French paper last week, they were incomparable. French was unbelievably easy yet in Spanish, there wasn't enough time to read the questions or enough pauses to write your answers. The tone was awful and the some of topics were certainly not 'topical' as the syllabus says they should be.

Maybe my difficulties were to do with the fact I did the course in a year, having not done any Spanish for 2 years previous to that but I thought this paper was very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 danielmonteiro

JReilly wrote: »
    The paper was okay. I found the texts to be hard, but the letter, dialogue, opinion piece and diary entry were good. The aural was complete crap to be honest. I could barely understand what was being said.

JReilly?! Johnathan Reilly from Roscommon CBS?

BTW the spanish was easy. well I do speak portuguese and made an effort to addapt to spanish. hoping for the A2 or B1/B2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sr27

BTW the spanish was easy. well I do speak portuguese and made an effort to addapt to spanish. hoping for the A2 or B1/B2

Can't have been that 'easy' if you're only thinking of B2s. I wanted an A1 and think my exam was around A2/ B1. Depends what you're aiming for I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 danielmonteiro

sr27 wrote: »
    Can't have been that 'easy' if you're only thinking of B2s. I wanted an A1 and think my exam was around A2/ B1. Depends what you're aiming for I guess.

I'm sorry I forgot a word there. I meant it was easy ENOUGH.
    haha
    But whatever I get from B2 up or even B3 up is welcome.
    No matter how easy/managable it was I always avoid saying A because I do't wanna be too optimistic.. do you get me?

Advertisement