Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend good hair colourist Dublin South?

Options
  • 11-06-2011 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have had problems getting a nice really light blonde colour with ash tone on it since my hairdresser retired. She was a great colourist and inexpensive too but i never got chance to get names of colours she used. She was able to achieve my colour by putting colour on the roots without needing highlights. Since then my hair either comes up gold/brassy if i just go for colour on the roots or starts going too "white blonde" if i get highlights along with the root colour (option with highlights works out really expensive as i am a full-time student). I have even had it come up with a purple/grey hue when some put too much toner on it to counteract the brassy tones. I have fairly thick, lightish brown hair naturally but gold/brassy pigments come out in it with some blonde colours. Can anyone recommend a good inexpensive colourist who might be able to achieve light blonde colour with ash tone without needing highlights in dublin south or city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

I hear ya sister! I have tried for years to achieve a nice blonde colour without any brassy tones and without highlights. I have finally found a hairdresser that only does my roots and achieves a lovely blonde colour for me. The salon is Peter Gregory and the colourist is Louise, its on Braemor Road. I also use the John Frieda Sheer Blonde shampoo its purple in colour but does not leave you with that purple 'hue'.
    My natural colour would be brown but must have lots of red in there too because if its not done right its brassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

Hi there, our neighbour is head of colour at a very prestigious salon and also has private mobile clients if you are interested. she trained directly under a well known celebrity hairdresser in the UK for 9 years before moving here. Every person we recommend her to is delighted with her, both for styling and colour. And she can come to your home which means you avoid salon prices. Cant recommend her highly enough. PM me if you want her details as i'm not sure i am allowed to post her name and number here...?

Advertisement