Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Router

• 11-06-2011 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Iv just got eircom broadband installed yesterday, the engineer came out fixed up the line and gave me my tel no and went away, Iv rang eircom about my router and they told me the router will be sent out in a week :eek:, My question is can i buy a router from harvey gorman or p see world connect it up and work? or do i have to wait a week for my router to be posted out.

Thanks for any help :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

well your line won't be activated for broadband for about a week anyway so not much point in going out and buying your own router.

i would though if your router gets delivered and its the "pain in the arse to use" zyxel router they seem to be sending out nowadays.

but be careful when you are buying your own router that you get an ADSL router and not a cable modem, they look similar in the pictures on the outside of the box but are two completely different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

xsiborg wrote: »
    well your line won't be activated for broadband for about a week anyway so not much point in going out and buying your own router.

i would though if your router gets delivered and its the "pain in the arse to use" zyxel router they seem to be sending out nowadays.

but be careful when you are buying your own router that you get an ADSL router and not a cable modem, they look similar in the pictures on the outside of the box but are two completely different things.

Thanks, surely to god if the phone is working then the internet is there too? or am i wrong, would it just be a matter of asking them to switch on the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

banjacksed wrote: »
    Thanks, surely to god if the phone is working then the internet is there too? or am i wrong, would it just be a matter of asking them to switch on the internet?

Generally the BB service can take a few weeks to activate after the telephone service is activated.

Advertisement