Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* French (HL) predictions / discussion * (1 thread only please)

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

rallyrolin wrote: »
    took a good few bits and bobs out of that, nice one;)
    Edit though, I think that "Mes parents sont touche" should be "Sont touchent" as it's they are affected.

Actually, brainwave. Though you probably know all this already but... :p
    If you're stuck for something to write, throw yourself in there. How the recession affected you, how you have a friend who is a victim of racism, how you have obesity etc :p

It's another paragraph!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 rallyrolin

yeah just elaboratin on what i did earlier now.. its handy enough.. its the comparisons that scare me the most haha.. i suppose one line at a time and i shud be ok :L :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

PJelly wrote: »
    Edit though, I think that "Mes parents sont touche" should be "Sont touchent" as it's they are affected.
    No, you're putting two verbs together there. "Sont touchent" doesn't mean anything. Mes parents sont touchés is correct.

Am I right in thinking that "J'ai les aimeé" means I liked them? The preposition is putting me off.
    @Party any way you could talk me through that two verb rule? Not familiar with it?

• Advertisement

No, you're putting two verbs together there. "Sont touchent" doesn't mean anything. Mes parents sont touchés is correct.
    Or if it was past tense, is it not Mes parents sont touchée?
    Or is it Sont ont touchée?
    (confused)

I think Mes parents ont touchée works best :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

Not sure what "De debouchees la - bas" means. Google translate is giving me something back about uncorking.

I was under the impression that beaucoup has to always be with de? Well, in 99% of cases anyway.
    To be safe there I would probably use vraiment.

Beaucoup de debouchés la-bas means "there are lots of job opportunities there".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Am I right in thinking that "J'ai les aimeé" means I liked them? The preposition is putting me off.
    Pronouns always go with the auxiliary verb of a compound tense. That ought to be Je les ai aimé.
    @Party any way you could talk me through that two verb rule? Not familiar with it?
    I'm not sure what you mean by the two verb rule?

I'm not sure what you mean by the two verb rule?
    No, you're putting two verbs together there

How that changes the sentence?

Sorry for asking so many questions. As you can see I'm having a heart attack at the moment :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement