Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of walls from Burma Road (Killiney Hill ) car park.

Options
  • 11-06-2011 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was up this way recently and noticed that all the deviding walls were removed from the car park. I can remember these going right back to my childhood. I would have thought these would have been protected.

As well as being useful for family picknics they helped protect your car from damege from other vehicles reversing etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Yeah I think they removed them about 2 months ago.

There goes my doggin spot! :D

Its only a matter of time that a meter goes up Id say! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Much more space now, can't see how they protected your car or why they would be protected.the hill received slot of money from filming neverland which seems to have been reinvested

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Noticed that a while back... I think its far better without them, plenty of room to manoeuvre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Filming of Neverland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Filming of Neverland?

There is a prequel to Hook (the Peter Pan film) showing on Sky soon. Part of it was filmed on Killiney hill. They were up there for a couple of weeks shooting it.

The car park was done a good few months ago, it may even have been before Christmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement