Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade in advice

Options
  • 11-06-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I'm pretty much the definition of a casual gamer.

I own an xbox 360 and probably buy 5-6 games a year, normally second hand games.

So was wondering what store is best for getting good value on trades ins xtravision/game/gamestop/symths? Also I see there is a place on upper liffey street selling second hand games, dvds and electronics?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Trading in games is pretty much a scam. They'll give you about €3 or €4 for anything out for more than a few weeks and then sell it for €20.

You're probably better off going through Adverts.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Agreed, the place on liffey st. is c.e.x a uk chain. While they buy and sell almost anything pc / game / dvd / phone related. The used game prices are only slightly better than others, not sure about whay they but games for.

In fairness to CEX the games are laid out a hell of a lot better than most other shops it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I would recommend CEX or HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Why don't you try the game swap thread in the x box forum. It might be better than trading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 irish_whiskey

Im not sure if this is just America but maybe worth considering

http://www.gamespot.com/gamemarket/index.html?tag=masthead%253Bgamemarket%253Btop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Friends of mine swear by Play.com, I just use ebay. Picked up uncharted 2 there for a fiver.

Advertisement