Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oriel park last night

Options
  • 11-06-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Thoughts on the game. Looks like there's not much to choose between the teams which always makes for great derbies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

A very enjoyable evening in boriel park that was!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Serious amount of Gardai... Any trouble after ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Hanlor wrote: »
    Thoughts on the game. Looks like there's not much to choose between the teams which always makes for great derbies

well there's 17 points between them. drogheda won and fair play to them, but i wouldnt suggest the teams are close

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's worth bearing in mind that listening to reports of the match and reading about it on LMFM/websites, it would suggest that Drogheda were deserved winners (17 point difference or not) and scored 3 good goals but one was not spotted by the linesmen and referee. It's also worth mentioning that this was the Drogs first win against Dundalk in 6 games. Either way, it's good to see with the local derby and hopefully the next one will have a good attendance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

MugMugs wrote: »
    Serious amount of Gardai... Any trouble after ?
    They should have stayed at home, the gardai that is, cause the Drogheda fans surely did, 87 in away section, shocking altogether

• Advertisement

They should have stayed at home, the gardai that is, cause the Drogheda fans surely did, 87 in away section, shocking altogether

Pathetic numbers no doubt. Our support has dropped off horribly over the last 3 or so seasons, for numerous reasons. Mad to think only 3 seasons ago we had 400 to 500 fans up for these games - and that was under Mathews, when we were right in the middle of relegation trouble as well

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

BOO HOO ! Craptown fans would rather focus on how bad our support was rather that how pathetic there very well payed players performed on the night :rolleyes: We have just been drawn against you in the cup at home . Looking forward to that one big time ...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

BOO HOO ! Craptown fans would rather focus on how bad our support was rather that how pathetic there very well payed players performed on the night :rolleyes: We have just been drawn against you in the cup at home . Looking forward to that one big time ...

well at least we will bring more than 87 to Drugtown :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

This from a fan of Shelbyville !! Our players arent being pay the €150,OOO per year contracts that have the Chunky Bory outfit where they are now!! 87 fans at a local derby match 20 miles and 20 mins up the M1 ?? Shame on the lot off you:p
    Forever in our shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

And your savages would rather focus on how many we bring to Tallaght!:pac:
    Dont forget yer shirts this time..

• Advertisement

This from a fan of Shelbyville !! Our players arent being pay the €150,OOO per year contracts that have the Chunky Bory outfit where they are now!! 87 fans at a local derby match 20 miles and 20 mins up the M1 ?? Shame on the lot off you:p
    Forever in our shadow.

Shelbyville ? That would make you springfield then so ! which one are you ? Krusty the clown or Bumble Bee man ? Again both your posts focusing on how crap our crowd was and no mention on how pathetic your team played :confused: And when we where paying our players big money we beat you every time so whats your point ? Beaten again by pats tonight i see . NICE :D:D

Your not a footie fan so SouthLouthTyppe i reckom??

BEGGING STILL ??

oliver.jpg

Keep it up ;)

Shelbyville ? That would make you springfield then so ! which one are you ? Krusty the clown or Bumble Bee man ? Again both your posts focusing on how crap our crowd was and no mention on how pathetic your team played :confused: And when we where paying our players big money we beat you every time so whats your point ? Beaten again by pats tonight i see . NICE :D:D

The hard on is still going since friday I see.

There really must be something bad in the air in Dundalk (aside from the really horrible smell from the Harp brewery). Like, what the f*ck are the last 3 comments especially all about?!!

Karl, The post obviously implies your a bunch of beggars, which is 100% true.

Beggars? 100% true? I really do feel a little sorry for you Dunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

There really must be something bad in the air in Dundalk (aside from the really horrible smell from the Harp brewery). Like, what the f*ck are the last 3 comments especially all about?!!

I'm lost myself and I'm a Dundalk fan! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

we lost fair and square , but that doesn't hide the fact that you are still shyte

whats the dirtiest town in ireland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    drugheda's full of s@@m

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

Your not a footie fan so SouthLouthTyppe i reckom??

The fact that you call football "footie" says it all really. The beggar stuff and "hilarious" Shelbyville references, peddled by the fountain of wit Dunny is just playground stuff. Grow up. You come accross as a bunch of 12 year olds sitting behind your keyboards in your Dundalk jerseys. The way the Drogs support has fallen away cant be denied, but had you lot been in the same situation then chances are your support would have fallen away as well so get off your high horses with the digs at the attendance, "footie" fans, especially in this country are a fickle lot.

• Advertisement

Oh christ.....

Holy cow !! And that from someone called "trafford lad":rolleyes:

The fact that you call football "footie" says it all really. The beggar stuff and "hilarious" Shelbyville references, peddled by the fountain of wit Dunny i .

If you look back it twas i who started the Shelbyville and begging bowl stuff and just before you jump down off your high horse its all only a bit of banter between FOOTIE fans:D

careca11 wrote: »
    we lost fair and square , but that doesn't hide the fact that you are still shyte

whats the dirtiest town in ireland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    drugheda's full of s@@m

Seriously pal :rolleyes: How old are you ? 12 / 13 ... I buy all my drugs in Dundalk by the way ! Much more choice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

The way the Drogs support has fallen away cant be denied, but had you lot been in the same situation then chances are your support would have fallen away as well so get off your high horses with the digs at the attendance, "footie" fans, especially in this country are a fickle lot.

Untrue how long were we stuck in the first division and what were our average attendances? All lot more than what you lot are getting now i can tell you.

davedfc wrote: »
    Untrue how long were we stuck in the first division and what were our average attendances? All lot more than what you lot are getting now i can tell you.

Thats true. But even when we ourselves were in the first division in the past our crowds were never as low as what they are now. Its sad but there are many reasons for it.
    Anyway, with recent good results, and the cup draw, and the transfer window coming up soon, there is a bit more optimism about the club at the moment so hopefully the crowds will come back to some extent

Advertisement