Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Seat Question

• 11-06-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Our toliet seat is held in place by two metal pins. These are kept in place by two 'covers'. Without these the pins work their way out and the cover seperates from the 'retainer' on the toilet. Someone one of these 'covers' was either lost/misplaced. Is there anywhere you can buy something like this or do I need to go and buy a whole new toilet seat?

162577.JPG

162578.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You will most likely need to buy the whole seat. But i wonder can you do something like sweat a plastic straw onto the bar and clip it. It will then do a while till you can get the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Germag

I'VE USED THE CAP FROM A BALLPOINT PEN IN THE PAST TO SOLVE THIS SAME PROBLEM AND MANY YEARS LATER REPLACED THE WHOLE THING.

Advertisement