Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Maths Paper One Answers

• 11-06-2011 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey guys, Anyone know if there is anywhere to get every answer for the paper one of this years exam? Just to get a basic idea of how well we did? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

http://www.studentxpress.ie/ordinary/ordarith.htm

Click each topic at the side and then under 2011, click "Questions" and download the PDF files. The questions have quick answers below them, but don't take the final grade you calculate too seriously, never know what the marking scheme will be like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

If you want me to, after the 16th of June (day I'm finnished yay!) I can do out both papers for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

._. wrote: »

Click each topic at the side and then under 2011, click "Questions" and download the PDF files. The questions have quick answers below them, but don't take the final grade you calculate too seriously, never know what the marking scheme will be like.

All I see is question 1 there are there more?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

._. wrote: »

Wow I thought I did shocking but I got all questions 1,2,3,4 and most of question 6 and 7 :D

All I see is question 1 there are there more?

The menu is too the left of the page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

4 hours 12 minutes

YES! :D
    Oh man, I got a lot more right than I thought, I feel an awful lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Wow, Just calculated up my score without giving myself attempt marks for the wrong answers and got an A2 :D
    I'm pretty optimistic for getting my B3 overall now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...still on course 4 my A1

brownlad wrote: »
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...still on course 4 my A1

Same ! Thought i would be lucky to get a b ! Will need a nice paper 2 still though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

WTF? got the first part of c in sequence and series right? i did it in my head and just wrote the answer down will i still get the marks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fred09

is that question 7 part 2 correct?i got 4.5 metres not 40.5 metres....i hope their wrong anyway but i think im in denial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Awh yay I calculated it and I got 85%. Just need to do a cracker of a paper 2 now for the A1 :)

I actually dont have a maths book/notes though :( Haven't been to class much since I dropped honours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 irishpatsfan

ya i got 4.5 as well for 7 c iii and ii i got 9 seconds and in 1 b part ii i got 249.37 i think their is a few mistakes in answers here i hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fred09

got everything right apart from 1 c iii, 4cii,8 iv,not sure about iii and 7 ii if thats the right answer which i suppose it is.....still happy....might sneak an A on paper1

2 b parts i ii and iii are they right also i got a different anwser !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Phew I got more than attempt marks woot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lisabisa

Did better than I though by the looks of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

Cydoniac wrote: »
    YES! :D
    Oh man, I got a lot more right than I thought, I feel an awful lot better.

I wrote 4.2hours which is basically 4hrs12mins. Would they deduct me marks for not writing down the minutes?

well i got docked in the pres for doing that so u might ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

If you want me to, after the 16th of June (day I'm finnished yay!) I can do out both papers for you?

Oh, No thats fine down worry about it friend :)

But in other news! I got between 90% and 95% :) Joy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

fred09 wrote: »
    is that question 7 part 2 correct?i got 4.5 metres not 40.5 metres....i hope their wrong anyway but i think im in denial!

Aye, 4.5 seems to be correct. First derivative of both sides, let lhs=0 and solve for t. 18-4t =0 -> t= 4.5m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 megumiwinS

They didn't do out some part (ii) though D:

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

Ficheall wrote: »
    Aye, 4.5 seems to be correct. First derivative of both sides, let lhs=0 and solve for t. 18-4t =0 -> t= 4.5m

t= time so its seconds
    it asks for the distance in metres
    acceleration is 0 at 4.5seconds
    so you sub in 4.5 seconds into the original not the 1st derivative because the 1st derivative is speed not distance
    Basically, 40.5metres is right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Dbstf wrote: »
    I wrote 4.2hours which is basically 4hrs12mins. Would they deduct me marks for not writing down the minutes?
    Think you might get one mark off for a slip, it's not a huge deal. You showed that you knew what you were doing and got the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

Sorry to sound stupid, but I only have the answers to question 1? How do I get the others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Con1110 wrote: »
    t= time so its seconds
    it asks for the distance in metres
    acceleration is 0 at 4.5seconds
    so you sub in 4.5 seconds into the original not the 1st derivative because the 1st derivative is speed not distance
    Basically, 40.5metres is right

Ah yeah.. misread the question.. Or rather, was looking for 4.5, found it, and it made sense. But of course it was t, apologies. (We can gloss over the fact that I used wrong unit of measurement - force of habit.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 megumiwinS

Sorry to sound stupid, but I only have the answers to question 1? How do I get the others?

The topics are on the left side to each question :p

Advertisement