Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC in later date ?

• 11-06-2011 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Is it possible to do Leaving cert in later date ?

My friend should repeat ordinary maths this year and he forgot about maths paper 1 so he was absent for it. Is there any chance that he could do the maths exam in later date ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ciff

He can do it on the 10 June 2012.

To be fair, he mustn't have been taking it too seriously if he "forgot" about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

No. You cannot sit an exam at a later date under any circumstances.

I've known people who are sick in hospital/after accidents and they've had to sit the papers from hospital or else forget about it.

You either turn up for the exam on the day or you miss your chance. They're not going to make any allowances for someone who forgot to turn up to his exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

szybki wrote: »
    Is it possible to do Leaving cert in later date ?

My friend should repeat ordinary maths this year and he forgot about maths paper 1 so he was absent for it. Is there any chance that he could do the maths exam in later date ?

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

In fairness, how the hell do you "forget" about a Leaving Cert exam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

'my friend'...ha.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Eeh sorry miss I forgot Maths had 2 papers.. so I only turned up for one.. Can I do the other one next week even though I saw the paper? Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Your friend better be studying his arse off to make sure he gets 80% at least. He actually shouldn't sleep until he thinks he will get it.

Incidently, what actually happens if you only sit one exam of an exam with two papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

Incidently, what actually happens if you only sit one exam of an exam with two papers?

You get 0 marks for the one you didn't sit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Framble wrote: »
    You get 0 marks for the one you didn't sit.

TBH that's fairly obvious

• Advertisement

NotExactly wrote: »

I meant to write what happens on your Leaving Certificate
    i.e do they mention that you only did one paper or just give you the grade, (D maximum) but since I had forgotten to say that and someone kindly answered I decided I wasn't too bothered anyway since I'll be sitting the 2 papers.

Thank you for your input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

NotExactly wrote: »

TBH your reply wasn't helpful nor necessary. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

RMD wrote: »
    In fairness, how the hell do you "forget" about a Leaving Cert exam?

In fairness, this is not a question for me ... I sat my LC :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Asked, answered and only going to descend into silliness ... though I may be using the wrong tense there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I meant to write what happens on your Leaving Certificate
    i.e do they mention that you only did one paper or just give you the grade, (D maximum) but since I had forgotten to say that and someone kindly answered I decided I wasn't too bothered anyway since I'll be sitting the 2 papers.

If one paper was left out, I think they probably would have a supplemental report saying an element of the assessment was missing (or not assessed), the same as you would have if you missed your oral for Irish or didn't hand in a Geography project. This is indicated on the results sheet by an asterisk beside the grade.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement