Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Galway bi guy

Options
  • 11-06-2011 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi everyone,

This is my very first thread here so here goes...I'm a 36 yrs young guy I'm told looks much younger, 28ish..he he. I've know I'm bi since 14-15 and had some positive experimentation around then too. It stuck with me since but I haven't been with a guy since then either. That is the result of successful denial for years. The thing is, I'm from Galway and everyone knows me as straight and rightly so as I've had many great girlfriends. But the time has arrived with a bang when I can no longer repress my desires to be with a guy too. It's actually screaming for me to let it out!!! Is there somewhere in Galway other than Dignity where I could meet a guy in private, discreetly. I'm obviously still in the closet, but I'm now ready to face the true me and become the real person my soul wants me to be. I'm ready and happy and have accepted myself for who I am and I appreciate myself even more for having done that. It's been a major release of stress and stagnation. So, for myself, I've found it's just been virtually impossible for me to meet a guy in Galway let alone knowing where to start. I don't even know how to let someone know I'm interested or tell they are even bi themselves! It's time for this nut to be cracked so can anyone offer any help please! :) Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hey ! that must be tough! All i can recomend is gay bars unless you search online! Gaire.ie , gay-ireland.ie etc!
    Depends what your looking for really , relationship , sex or friendship ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jargonaut

Hey thanks for the reply. I guess for starters I'd just like to meet someone who'll let me relax a bit. Offer a bit of reassurance and I suppose after that happens anything else can too!!! I'm not afraid of going for it but I have to be sensible at the same time, until I feel comfortable enough to come out. Dunno if that answers you're question Locker?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 golass

Jargonaut wrote: »
    Hey thanks for the reply. I guess for starters I'd just like to meet someone who'll let me relax a bit. Offer a bit of reassurance and I suppose after that happens anything else can too!!! I'm not afraid of going for it but I have to be sensible at the same time, until I feel comfortable enough to come out. Dunno if that answers you're question Locker?

Hey! The only person who can "Let you relax" is your self. Just a thought...:D:D:D

golass wrote: »
    Hey! The only person who can "Let you relax" is your self. Just a thought...:D:D:D

It's so true. I have to stop thinking and start doing!!!:)

Jargonaut wrote: »
    It's so true. I have to stop thinking and start doing!!!:)

Hello again. If I may suggest, saying you "have to" can put pressure on you and thus interfere with relaxation. Maybe try replacing have to with need to?? :):):)

• Advertisement

I'll give it a go for sure!:)

Good stuff. Eye shall leave you to it. Take care....(",)**

Advertisement