Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile broadband in Letterkenny area

Options
  • 11-06-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the best mobile broadband for the Letterkenny area, in particular the Glencar area. I'm trying to decide which is better between o2 and three and was wondering if anyone had any opinions. ie coverage in the area on each provider?

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Three's quality is average at best, I need to have the thing upstairs to get any sort of a reliable signal and even then its sporadic. They gave me a free signal booster box after endless complaining and it works fine now but without one I wouldnt recommend them.

In Glencar as well by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Harps wrote: »
    Three's quality is average at best, I need to have the thing upstairs to get any sort of a reliable signal and even then its sporadic. They gave me a free signal booster box after endless complaining and it works fine now but without one I wouldnt recommend them.

In Glencar as well by the way

Ok thanks I guess that rules Three out then. Anyone any info on o2 it would be great?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

I've been using O2 for months and never had any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭elaine.rodger

Hi,

I use O2 broadband as well and never had any problems with it. My sister has it too and has never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Few of my college friends use 02 and have never had any problems with it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mistyd

Have any of you used the O2 usb internet??? Will only be in donegal for few weeks this summer (derrybeg area) and was going to buy one of these usb sticks, meteor/O2/3..

mistyd wrote: »
    Have any of you used the O2 usb internet??? Will only be in donegal for few weeks this summer (derrybeg area) and was going to buy one of these usb sticks, meteor/O2/3..

O2 is good, not too sure what it'll be like in Derrybeg though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

If you have an andriod phone / i-phone you probably better off just using that to access web rather than a dongle if you only here a short time, the speed will be about the same too i reckon.

If you have an andriod phone / i-phone you probably better off just using that to access web rather than a dongle if you only here a short time, the speed will be about the same too i reckon.

Good point actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mistyd

ohh just a phone home phone for me :(.. was hoping for internet for the gaeltacht..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Looks like o2 is the winner.

ohh just a phone home phone for me :(.. was hoping for internet for the gaeltacht..

Are you staying with a family or seperate housing? Surely they'll have internet if its a family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭mikedone

O2 is fine around Letterkenny but if you are going to be using it around the county then you are probably better sticking to Three which provides much better rural coverage.

mikedone wrote: »
    O2 is fine around Letterkenny but if you are going to be using it around the county then you are probably better sticking to Three which provides much better rural coverage.

I used 3 in a rural area for about a year, wasn't too impressed with it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭mikedone

TheBuilder wrote: »
    I used 3 in a rural area for about a year, wasn't too impressed with it tbh.

I found using O2 in Fanad and Rossguill areas there was no coverage at all and at least Three gave me access to my e-mail and now their coverage in those areas is pretty good.
    I have to add a caveat, I only use it for work so not sure what the speed is like for downloading or viewing youtube etc

Advertisement