Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Yoga

Options
  • 11-06-2011 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done Bikram in the Coolmine Studio?
    http://www.bikramdublin.ie/

What is it like?

I used to go to the Fairview one and have just found out that there is a place in Dublin 15 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Eola

It is great, but it probably would be better to try it yourself. I beleive they have an introductory offer to newcomers €29 for 10 cons. days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Thanks Eola.

Yes I saw the 29 euro offer, I'll probably start it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I was thinking of doing that too, you will have to report back. I am a bit worried about the sweatyness but it looks good.

Went last week. Was very impressed by the place. It is very clean and fresh and the staff are very friendly. Shower facilities are good.

Had two fantastic classes, sweated unbelievable in the heat. Would definitely recommend this venue!

Well I am well an truly over my Auntie Anne's habit
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68183996

I'm now hooked on Bikram!

Have been trying to go once or twice a week. Am amazed at how good a workout I get. The mental benefits are phenomenal, never mind the physical results.

Haven't even had the urge to eat a pretzel in weeks! ;)

• Advertisement

I was thinking of doing that too, you will have to report back. I am a bit worried about the sweatyness but it looks good.

Yeah the sweatyness is something else. It nearly seems a little unnatural to sweat SO much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Woluld love to start something like this but everyone looks so fit...:(

I believe its great for your mind to

Justask wrote: »
    Woluld love to start something like this but everyone looks so fit...:(

I believe its great for your mind to

Well as Bikram says
    "Never too late, never too old, never too bad, and never too sick to do yoga"

It also doesn't matter what anyone else is doing around you. You just focus on yourself and your own practice.

You should give it a go!

There is a new offer price for this now. 49 euro for 30 days. If anyone is thinking about trying it out, I'd say go for it!

30 days to a new body and mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi!
    I have been considering trying this out and the 49e for 30 day offer seems quite good!im just wondering is it really that good a workout? ive never done anything like it before so im a complete newbie to all things yoga.i would consider myself to be reasonably fit though. is it more of a toning benefit than a cardio workout?I guess what i am looking for would be to tone up the abs,upper arms etc.. the usual areas i suppose:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

If you are really interested in a complete clean out, you could try this.

http://www.dealrush.ie/today.php?id=465

:eek::eek:

hi!
    I have been considering trying this out and the 49e for 30 day offer seems quite good!im just wondering is it really that good a workout? ive never done anything like it before so im a complete newbie to all things yoga.i would consider myself to be reasonably fit though. is it more of a toning benefit than a cardio workout?I guess what i am looking for would be to tone up the abs,upper arms etc.. the usual areas i suppose:o

The results you achieve after 30 days are incredible. Really great for toning all of the above!

It's an extremely Cardiovascular workout - surprizingly so!

Murt10 wrote: »
    If you are really interested in a complete clean out, you could try this.

http://www.dealrush.ie/today.php?id=465

:eek::eek:

Thanks Murt for dragging this thread into the toilet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nej

I'm on my 3rd class of hot yoga and I'm finding it really hard to sleep afterwards, hence the 2.24am post! Anyone else finding the same? Any suggestions to aid sleep?

nej wrote: »
    I'm on my 3rd class of hot yoga and I'm finding it really hard to sleep afterwards, hence the 2.24am post! Anyone else finding the same? Any suggestions to aid sleep?

Give it a few more classes - you'll start to have the best sleeps of your life then!!!

Are you going to the late evening classes? I find I can be a bit wired when I do that time. The 6pm or 6.30pm are prob best.

Also you are drinking a huge amt of water - this can make you want to go to the bathroom during the night. Try go before you go to sleep.

Let us know how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nej

Give it a few more classes - you'll start to have the best sleeps of your life then!!!

Are you going to the late evening classes? I find I can be a bit wired when I do that time. The 6pm or 6.30pm are prob best.

Also you are drinking a huge amt of water - this can make you want to go to the bathroom during the night. Try go before you go to sleep.

Let us know how you get on!

I'm going to 6pm classes drinking water and peeing like a race horse! Come to think of it I do wake up to go to the loo. Hopefully it won't last was like a zombie today!
    Will let you know how I get on thanks for the advice :)

nej wrote: »
    I'm going to 6pm classes drinking water and peeing like a race horse! Come to think of it I do wake up to go to the loo. Hopefully it won't last was like a zombie today!
    Will let you know how I get on thanks for the advice :)

How is the sleeping Nej?

Meant to also add that Bikram Yoga is meant to energise so maybe you don't need as much sleep as you previously thought?

Were any Boardsies there on BH Monday evening? It was packed!!!

Think there were about 45 people in the room!

Great energy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all!
    Well I joined the class last saturday morning and have to say I was a little bit overwhlemed by the whole thing!It was very busyand the heat and sweating was unreal:eek: for about an hour after it I was in a bit of a daze and wasnt too sure if it was for me at all.But after a while I got over the initial shock of it all and decided to stick with it. Had my second class last night and while I did have to sit out a few moves I felt like I was able to do a tiny bit more as I knew what to expect! I am now starting to get a bit hooked on it and have decided to aim for three times a week.Have even recruited another friend to come this Saturday morning as well!

For anybody thinking about going id say go for it after two classes im hooked and cant wait to start seeing and feeling the benifits!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 miriamc

tried out sandford last night - very very hot but amazing definitely something to get hooked on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Where is this on?

I work really irregular hours, what kinds of times are the classes on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The results you achieve after 30 days are incredible. Really great for toning all of the above!

It's an extremely Cardiovascular workout - surprizingly so!

I like the sound of that.

Where is this on?

I work really irregular hours, what kinds of times are the classes on at?

Here's the list of class times....
    http://www.bikramdublin.ie/membership-rates/

I like the sound of that.

If you try it be sure and report back here what you think of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm going to the Ringsend yoga.

Where domyiu buy your gear??

amdublin wrote: »
    I'm going to the Ringsend yoga.

Where domyiu buy your gear??

http://www.inityoga.ie/home.aspx
    What's the Ringsend one like? This might suit me when I want to go directly from work.

I find TK Maxx good for gear. I got a pair of yoga shorts in H&M the other day - they have a good selection of tops too.

However, if you are looking for a leotard ;) you should probably try Danceworld!!!!

Last few classes have been so busy. Lots of new people coming to try it. Word is obviously going around about Bikram Yoga!!!

Did anybody else on here go along for a session?

However, if you are looking for a leotard ;) you should probably try Danceworld!!!!

:D

I've been thinking about wearing a swimsuit as a leotard.
    (seriously)

Oooh!

Thanks for the tip about Danceworld. These look great!
    http://www.danceworld.ie/category/Dancewear/FashionLeotardsTops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

I went to Bikram in Coolmine last week, I got the introductory offer but unfortunately since I have been I have gotten a major flare up of whiplash from a car accident last year. I had a chat with one of the girls working there and she told me to leave it a few days, my physio has told me to knock it on the head. Am raging, i really enjoyed the class and the facility is great. Anyone thinking about going should try it out but be aware if you have pre-existing injuries.

Advertisement