Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just had the most terrible thought about Irish...

• 11-06-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

You know the way it's fairly obvious they made the Maths paper crazy hard to make Project Maths look great?

With the new Irish course in next year, I hope they don't do the same for Irish for us! :eek::(:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Imagine being ****ed over by the 2 subjects which are being slated because not enough people do them.. FOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

There's only so much they can do with essay titles and prós/poetry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

There's only so much they can do with essay titles and prós/poetry...
    "Rewrite every question that came up in Higher Maths paper one, including the wordings for each one. And add a description as to why each question is amazingly fair, and you love them so much"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Try not to worry... there isn't anything you can do about it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

The Triail questions from last year were horrible. You'd have to know the tecniques for Q2 and WTF was with the 1st question!

I spoke to a dude who has a degree in Irish and he said would really have to think about that!

• Advertisement

The Triail questions from last year were horrible. You'd have to know the tecniques for Q2 and WTF was with the 1st question!

I spoke to a dude who has a degree in Irish and he said would really have to think about that!
    Techniques?!

:eek:

That's a difficult enough question in English drama, let alone Irish. I wouldn't even be able to write a line about techniques in An Triail.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Techniques?!

:eek:

That's a difficult enough question in English drama, let alone Irish. I wouldn't even be able to write a line about techniques in An Triail.

I know!

Listen to the first question then!

"The main conflict develops in the drama from the human faults that are hidden under the resemblance of love"

I mean, what.the.f**k?

I actually would struggle to write that in English..

PJelly wrote: »
    "Rewrite every question that came up in Higher Maths paper one, including the wordings for each one. And add a description as to why each question is amazingly fair, and you love them so much"

"Refer to alliteration, metaphors and writing style/technique of all the questions, and write a brief note as to why the writer chose these specific words. Failure to refer to alliteration in all cases, even if none is present results in 0 marks".

I know!

Listen to the first question then!

"The main conflict develops in the drama from the human faults that are hidden under the resemblance of love"

I mean, what.the.f**k?

I actually would struggle to write that in English..
    That wouldn't be too bad... just go on about her family for a page or two. Knowing me I probably won't be able to write more than a page on the An Triail question.

If it wasn't for Paper 2, Irish would've been a nice subject.

I don't remember understanding the mock question in An Triail fully, I wrote 2 pages of rambled, made up stuff about hypocrisy and got around 30/35 for content or what ever.. I plan on using this "skill" in the real thing as well.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

Is it true that if you write less than 2 pages for the aiste/maidhc dainín (or an Triail) you're automatically deducted marks?

polka dot wrote: »
    Is it true that if you write less than 2 pages for the aiste/maidhc dainín (or an Triail) you're automatically deducted marks?
    I only wrote one page for my An Triail answer and so did others and there was no common mark reduction for writing less than two pages. Then again I got 44% on my Paper 2 Mock =/ My oral and Paper 1 brought me up to a C2 though which is more than enough for me in Irish as I don't need it for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No.

Where the hell do these things come from? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

No.

My Irish teacher. :eek: This is shocking. So... I CAN actually write less than two pages for the Aiste?

Best news of my life. My writing's miniscule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

No.

Teachers like to scare students into writing too much. Happens all the time. My teacher is notorious for it. If the essay isn't at least 2 and a half pages she goes "Hmm, that's not very good" and takes a huge chunk off marks.

Quality, not quantity.

Length isn't everything (assuming a reasonable minimum).

I seem to have spent the week parroting that! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My Irish teacher. :eek: This is shocking. So... I CAN actually write less than two pages for the Aiste?

Best news of my life. My writing's miniscule.

My writing's tiny too...but it mutates in exams and becomes GIANT!:P

I think the Aiste is meant to be around 500-700 words, which is about 2 - 2 and a half pages in average sized writing.

Basically...intro, 3/4 points in individual paragraphs, conclusion.

I've never written more than 2 or 2 and a half pages for an Aiste and I always get As. No need to worry!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

no i barely wrote a page in my mock and got full marks

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Possibly the same place that "Pens" Thread came from a few days ago. . .people'll believe anything when it comes to the Leaving. . .

. . .Anyone hear the one about Wordsworth being predicted to come up because it's the 240th anniversary of his sister's death this year. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Eoin MurMur

. . .Anyone hear the one about Wordsworth being predicted to come up because it's the 240th anniversary of his sister's death this year. . .

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'd say this thread has run it's course really ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement