Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One happy kid

• 11-06-2011 7:50pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been following this post in models as I hope to get something built for my son http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056061419&page=5 You can see a little video of him on page 4 learning to drive his wheelchair but sad to say because of cutbacks that was the first and last time he got to use it. I think if I got an old electric wheelchair/scooter I may be able to build something for him with the help of Robbie.
    Or if anyone else has any ideas or suggestions I would love to hear them.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Cutbacks?

This is unreal Fergal....

It makes me absolutely sick...you would think, for example, the Brothers of Charity would do a refresher course on what their vows actually say and spare the money (What is it? 5k? Not huge money to level the playing field a little) out of their 7 figure vehicle budget.

I mean it, this is a recession, there must be cutbacks, but there are charities all over the country raking in money at a frightening rate mostly from the HSE and it just isn't being spent on improving the lives of disabled people, but rather on maintaining legions of admin staff in the manner to which they became accustomed during the boom.

It isn't that they aren't getting the funding, it is that they are not passing it on.

Advertisement