Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car accident whose at fault

Options
  • 11-06-2011 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My question is we were driving behind a tractor with a very large trailer only going about 10 mile an hour. The tractor came to a stop and so did we and we presumed he was pulling in to let someone pass only for him to start reversing I sounded my horn several time and tried to shift into reverse but to no avail he kept coming and all you could hear was the crunch as he pushed our bonnet and busted radiator brackets and headlights. He got out of vehicle and i said what the hell anyway you can imagine the rest he said he could not see me and did not hear the horn he then said not to worry his boss would look after us, I said i was calling the guards with that he rings his boss when the guards came he changed his story and said I was at fault and to top it off we never noticed he had
    moved the tractor he was letting out Guard said he should not have moved it. then the boss arrives and stars saying the damage was not caused by reversing but by us braking he was not even there and then has the cheek to say he is billing us for loss of work. sorry I am just venting but what are our chances if we go the legal way

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Unfortunately because you've described a real actual case, we can't give legal advice on this forum or on any boards.ie forum.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement