Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I Fried My New Motherboard

Options
  • 11-06-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I ordered my rig (specs below) and arrived yesterday morning , took out my motherboard and placed it in NZXT Vulcan case , connected the 500watt PSU etc

and turned it on ..CPU fans Spins and so does the GPU fan hard drive boots cd rom flickers etc except no boot beep , i went back over everything and to my dismay i had mounted the Motherboard without the risers and turned on the power with the board installed :mad::o

so reinstalled everything and this time WITH the MB Risers but still no boot/Beep on start up , did i fry my MOBO?:o:eek:

SPECS
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws PC3-10667U CL9

ASRock H67M-GE/HT (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX

Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155

NZXT Vulcan Micro-ATX LAN Gaming Case - black

Sapphire FLEX HD5770 1G GDDR5 PCI-E DL-DVI-I+SL-DVI-D / HDMI / DP

Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B, CPU-Kühler, für alle Sockel geeignet

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB, 32MB, ST31000528AS

Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7260S, SATA, Schwarz, bulk

Coolermaster 550watt PSU

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

It is more than likely fecked. There are hundreds of sharp pins on the back of the board and if a few of them made contact it could have caused damage.

Try clear the cmos just in case.. Then remove the board and inspect it for signs of damage like black spots etc, does it smell? burnt electronics have a very distinctive smell!

Also you have a "k" chip so you should get a p67 board if you want to overclock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭IReadUrSoul

done a breadboard set-up outside the case with just the cpu, 1 stick of memory , and the HDD amd some test switch connections , turned on the psu and pressed the power button switch , everything comes on hard drive lights , motherboard lights , fan , but when i connect a hdmi cable from my lcd hdmi to the computer no picture?

i get a onboard speaker noise of 3 sharp beeps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I believe 3 beeps means there's a memory problem.

Maybe try re-seating the RAM sticks and try again.

Oh and btw, make sure the RAM is also in the correct coloured slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭IReadUrSoul

tried 1 stick of ram in each slot and no joy ...still getting 3 beeps which according to Toms Hardware is a 64K Base Memory Error Memory error in the base memory (1st 64K)

so i guess i damaged the Mobo/Ram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

tried 1 stick of ram in each slot and no joy ...still getting 3 beeps which according to Toms Hardware is a 64K Base Memory Error Memory error in the base memory (1st 64K)

so i guess i damaged the Mobo/Ram

Look up the documentation that came with the motherboard. The error beeps very from motherboard to motherboard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement