Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanguard comic

Options
  • 11-06-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey folks.
    Thought some of you might be interested in having a look at a blog I put together to promote an anthology comic I am self-publishing. It's called Vanguard and it's going to be a 2000ad style mag with a few different, ongoing serials per issue. You can get a run down on the initial stories at the blog, as well as a preview page from each. I'd be chuffed if you stopped by and had a look, and I'd be thrilled if one or two of you followed the blog!

I'm based in Newbridge, Kildare, and I've been writing comics for over a year now. If you know of a UK small-press comic called Paragon, I have an ongoing series running in that as well as a few eps of that title's flagship character Jikan coming up. Paragon was the inspiration for Vanguard!

I'm 1.5 pages away from having all the art in for issue 1 so will be probably trying to get this into the printers next week. Anybody got any advice on where is a good place to go? I am probably only going to do about 100 copies so if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing, I'd love to hear from you .

Thanks guys. Check out the blog and let me know what you think and if you think you might be interested in picking up a copy I will be selling them very, very cheaply (as I am more interested in getting them out there at the moment than making any money from them!)

I'm also always on the look-out for aspiring comic artists to contribute to future issues so if thats of any interest to you drop me a line!

Cheers!
    DVD
    VANGUARD BLOG - http://vanguardcomic.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭niall mc cann

Van Dom wrote: »
    Hey folks.
    Thought some of you might be interested in having a look at a blog I put together to promote an anthology comic I am self-publishing. It's called Vanguard and it's going to be a 2000ad style mag with a few different, ongoing serials per issue. You can get a run down on the initial stories at the blog, as well as a preview page from each. I'd be chuffed if you stopped by and had a look, and I'd be thrilled if one or two of you followed the blog!

I'm based in Newbridge, Kildare, and I've been writing comics for over a year now. If you know of a UK small-press comic called Paragon, I have an ongoing series running in that as well as a few eps of that title's flagship character Jikan coming up. Paragon was the inspiration for Vanguard!

I'm 1.5 pages away from having all the art in for issue 1 so will be probably trying to get this into the printers next week. Anybody got any advice on where is a good place to go? I am probably only going to do about 100 copies so if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing, I'd love to hear from you .

Thanks guys. Check out the blog and let me know what you think and if you think you might be interested in picking up a copy I will be selling them very, very cheaply (as I am more interested in getting them out there at the moment than making any money from them!)

I'm also always on the look-out for aspiring comic artists to contribute to future issues so if thats of any interest to you drop me a line!

Cheers!
    DVD
    VANGUARD BLOG - http://vanguardcomic.blogspot.com/

Looks good, man.

Be sure to post when you've got it back from the printers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Van Dom

Hey guys
    Just thought I would update this and let you all know Issue 1 is now in the bag and available to order. You can get a full rundown on whats inside by visiting this blog page here: http://vanguardcomic.blogspot.com/

but basically, if you want 24 pages of fantastic art, action, intrigue, fantasy, gothic horror and just all around good fun, you could do a lot worse. The book looks great, if I do say so myself. And I am up for a bit of haggling on the price too, if you would like to give it a try but arent quite convinced its worth what im asking - just drop me an email or a pm, or post on here.

Cheers dudes. Issue 2 is already in the works so I do have big plans for this venture.

All the best!
    dirk

Just thought I'd give this a wee bump.
    Issue 1 has done quite well and has nearly sold out. Have received some industry reviews of the comic which I have posted links to on the blog here http://vanguardcomic.blogspot.com/. If you're interested, by all means take a look at them and see what you think.
    Currently putting issue 2 together and it will have more pages, more stories and...free gifts in the form of a set of 4 exclusive artcards and an additional 16pp full colour mini-comic. More details will be posted on the blog soon!

thanks for reading guys!

DvD

BUMP again!
    Following on from my previous comment, free gift number 1 is now available. Check out the blog for info about "Speed Date", a full colour, 16pp comic featuring a complete horror tale in 2 acts, written by myself and illustrated by Liam Byrne and Bhuna. This is not for the faint-hearted, probably the bloodiest, goriest, most vicious comic you'll have seen in quite a while. The comic looks fab and will be sent out free with any future orders for Vanguard. It's really only meant to be shipping with issue 2 but as I have a handful of copies of issue 1 left (8 at time of writing) I am happy to include it free with that as well, for anyone who orders. All the details you need are on the blog - two comics for the price of one? You can't say that's not fair!

Cheers!
    DVD

http://vanguardcomic.blogspot.com/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm locking this thread as per the Charter rules about promoting your own stuff without also contributing to the rest of the forum and bumping your own thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement