Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philex Digital satellite receiver problems...

• 11-06-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    I bought the satelite kit in Dunnes which includes a dish, single lnb and Philex Satellite receiver. I set up the dish except I used a quad lnb which I bought separately instead of the one included. Using a different receiver I got signal (on Astra 28.2e) . So I plugged in the Philex receiver, with the same wire, and I
    choose Astra 2a,b and no signal appeared. No signal appeared on Astra 1 or 3 either. I Tried a blind scan on Astra 2 and nothing came up after 10 minutes of scanning.
    I cant figure out what the problem is .
    In lnb settings it has a setting for Universal so I dont think it could be the fact that I switched lnbs.
    Would appreciate some help.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Have you made sure that power to the LNB has been switched on on your Philex? I don't know your receiver personally, but I know some boxes have a menu item where you need to switch the LNB on (or to auto).

Advertisement