Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defoe - Stay or Go ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Saw that on SC myself earlier. He cant go quick enough for me. I want rid of all our strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ideally I'd like him gone regardless of this story. Replace him with Rossi or someone like that, someone who is actually a good finisher. He is not consistent enough and is unlikely to score 20 league goals in a season.

I'm with Playboy to be honest, get rid of all of them, bar VDV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

totally agree with ye lads the quicker we get rid of defoe,pav,keane the better if we want to push on we actually have to get some strikers that will get us 20 goals a season.

Also is it just me or has vdv really upset the balance of the team take last year we were ripping teams to shreds down the wings whipping in crosses and scoring for fun but since vdv arrived we've only had one striker trying to get on the end of them as vdv has being mostly in midfield when the cross comes in..

Don't get me wrong i love the guy but the balance is all wrong.
    the question is who can we get to compliment him? for me it has to be drogba as the guy is just a beast of a striker that scare's the life out of every defence in the premier.
    Just my two cents what do you guys think..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

totally agree with ye lads the quicker we get rid of defoe,pav,keane the better if we want to push on we actually have to get some strikers that will get us 20 goals a season.

Also is it just me or has vdv really upset the balance of the team take last year we were ripping teams to shreds down the wings whipping in crosses and scoring for fun but since vdv arrived we've only had one striker trying to get on the end of them as vdv has being mostly in midfield when the cross comes in..

Don't get me wrong i love the guy but the balance is all wrong.
    the question is who can we get to compliment him? for me it has to be drogba as the guy is just a beast of a striker that scare's the life out of every defence in the premier.
    Just my two cents what do you guys think..

VDV is quality the other 3 you mentioned are average and below. Get shut of them and play to VDV's,strengths by bringing in a big bustling centre forward who can ply the top role in a 4411.
    As a much wiser man than me once said "It's the bad players who are the luxury, not the skilfull ones!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    VDV is quality the other 3 you mentioned are average and below. Get shut of them and play to VDV's,strengths by bringing in a big bustling centre forward who can ply the top role in a 4411.
    As a much wiser man than me once said "It's the bad players who are the luxury, not the skilfull ones!"

so lump the ball forward to a big man and hope we win knock downs, come on, surely we're better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

get rid of defoe, tbh he should never have been brought back (like keane). he will score goals alright, but arse will have to change their system if he is to play every week, which I dont think he or they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Get rid of Defo, Pav and Robbie. Never liked Pav, think hes a good finisher but not got much craft about him. Robbie isn't good enough anymore, Defo had a shocker last season. As for crouch, he gives us something different. Would love Drogs and Sturridge. I don't know what people think of him, I think he could be quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think we'd be crazy to let Defoe go.

He's a proven PL player with a decent goal to game ratio.

Who is there that is available that is better then him with the same kind of experience and record.

One bad season doesn't make him a piss poor player. I think he made a fair point about not having the reserve team to play in to get fit again and he's a player that needs to be sharp and fit. Plus he's a player that thrives on confidence.. a good pre-season and he could be a 20 goals a season player again.

Advertisement