Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is 'GIOTA LEANÚNACH'?

• 11-06-2011 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

And how do you answer it? This is Ordinary level by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Continuous Gate or Continuous Passage...

Whatever that's supposed to mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

"Continuous Piece" it depends on the context, but it could be referring to a text, or something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

So how do I answer it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

So how do I answer it?

Like you would an essay! They give you topics like "your favourite place in the world" and you talk about it!
    There easy enough genrelly!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

Something else. My Irish teacher said it has to be in the present tense but you can link it to a past event eg. my favourite place. You can say why you like it, you went on a trip/holiday there and then describe that holiday in the past. I hope that's how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

So how do I answer it?

It is a continuous piece of writing , usually followed by a number of topics to discuss.
    Eg; A famous person I admire........ then you say all you can on this topic.
    Think I seen it on pass Irish once ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You'd answer it in the present tense. e.g. For my favourite place in the world 'Is maith liom é mar gheall ar .....' 'Taitníonn XXX go mór liom' 'Téim ann go minic'. Talking in the past tense would be a no no as it's about the place you like not liked. (that's unless you're giving an example or something in the past tense)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

r0cks0l1dd wrote: »
    Something else. My Irish teacher said it has to be in the present tense but you can link it to a past event eg. my favourite place. You can say why you like it, you went on a trip/holiday there and then describe that holiday in the past. I hope that's how it works.
    dambarude wrote: »
    You'd answer it in the present tense. e.g. For my favourite place in the world 'Is maith liom é mar gheall ar .....' 'Taitníonn XXX go mór liom' 'Téim ann go minic'. Talking in the past tense would be a no no as it's about the place you like not liked. (that's unless you're giving an example or something in the past tense)

Cheers guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Asked and answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement