Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a dilemma..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Can we go to the cinema with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Texted her at half 10, she texted back straight away, I asked her had she any plans for the weekend and she said she had nothing planned but she said she really wanted to go see The Hangover 2 in the cinema.

I thought to myself, should I ask her does she want to go with me to watch it, I was unsure if I was being a little pre-mature, but like I did when I asked her for her number, I said to myself "fcuk it just ask her", so I did and she replied "I'd love to, I was hoping you would ask".

So we have arranged for me to pick her up in town at 8 o' clock on Friday night to go to the cinema:D

I am delighted and a bit scared at the same time, I really do'nt want to mess this up, she seems really sound and alot of fun.

She is sooooo into you! Have so much fun, dude. And well done on biting the bullet and asking her out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

So op you don't know her your collecting her in your car and bringing her to a big dark room !?! To blast her with piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Nice ninja edit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Texted her at half 10, she texted back straight away, I asked her had she any plans for the weekend and she said she had nothing planned but she said she really wanted to go see The Hangover 2 in the cinema.

I thought to myself, should I ask her does she want to go with me to watch it, I was unsure if I was being a little pre-mature, but like I did when I asked her for her number, I said to myself "fcuk it just ask her", so I did and she replied "I'd love to, I was hoping you would ask".

So we have arranged for me to pick her up in town at 8 o' clock on Friday night to go to the cinema:D

I am delighted and a bit scared at the same time, I really do'nt want to mess this up, she seems really sound and alot of fun.

Fairplay again,you know your going to have to update this thread when your in the pictures :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

This better be real and not like the middle eastern lesbian story! I is very suspicious of the interwebs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

And why do you want to come?:D
    Fairplay again,you know your going to have to update this thread when your in the pictures :)
    Haha do'nt think that would be a good idea, she'll be wondering what i'm at on my phone every 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

She's got mental control over you, OP! She's been subliminally controlling the situation from the beginning and now she gets a free trip to the flicks!

(it better be free....chivalry is worth mega brownie points so no making her buy her own ticket and popcorn ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I really, really, really recommend going for a bit of a pint with her, either before or after the cinema. Really!

efb wrote: »
    the middle eastern lesbian story!
    Whats that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I really, really, really recommend going for a bit of a pint with her, either before or after the cinema. Really!

You mean a drink? Women drinking pints is definitely up for debate :cool:

Or since ye are driving a coffee or something I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

not before, then you'll have to piss in the middle of the movie, and people who piss in the middle of movies are arseholes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

And why do you want to come?:D

Haha do'nt think that would be a good idea, she'll be wondering what i'm at on my phone every 2 minutes.

To make sure my employee gets paid for the car light.

Sunshine! wrote: »
    She's got mental control over you, OP! She's been subliminally controlling the situation from the beginning and now she gets a free trip to the flicks!

(it better be free....chivalry is worth mega brownie points so no making her buy her own ticket and popcorn ;))
    I have two cinema tickets I got free off of Meteor, should I use them or would that look stingy?
    Can't i'll be driving, and why must we go for a pint?

I have two cinema tickets I got free off of Meteor, should I use them or would that look stingy?

Buy the tickets, seriously.

To talk! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Get her to buy the grub and you use the tickets!

Nah seriously buy the tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

After all this hype and excitement do NOT go down the miserly route! Most girls tend to like to pay their way, but taking her to a film SHE wants to see and then the air being "ah I didnt mind had these things lying around anyway" will set off alarm bells in her head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

I told you and this girl is great at dating, without being pushy she is confirming at every cut and turn that she is into you..."I was hoping you'd ask":) and so on:)

Save the freebies for a later date. stay cool :cool:and there will be one;)

I predicted you'd have a date by 11 tonight and I am rarely wrong:)

Enjoy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

To talk! :)

Fair point. Going to the cinema on the first date can be awkward but at least it's the Hangover. Feck going to the cinema on your first date to watch something like Inception.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Buy the tickets, a tight man is a major turn off to women. (If you were unemployed, it would be ok to use the Meteor passes but you are currently employed, so don't even think about it).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

So I just read over this thread and I must say I really don't get why the OP or other men are so afraid of this situation! The worst that can happen is the girl says no (but fair play to the OP for getting her number - I know Ciara so treat her well or I'll hear all about it!!)

My opinion on these matters is just go for it! At the end of the day if it is in a petrol station or supermarket etc well you can always find another one to use if you get rejected!! I got chatty with a girl from a shop I went into a lot before I moved abroad and gave her my number and said it would be nice to hear from you sometime...

Never got a text from her but my attitude is f*ck, she is a nice girl but there are plenty more and the last time I was in the town where the shop is I popped in and we had a great chat but I did not mention her not textng.

Moral of the story, if at first you don't succeed try try again!!

OP - I can't wait for the wedding :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Brilliant brilliant brilliant, this is the only thread I've ever read fully. Delighted for OP.
    Don't use the freebie tickets. So many impressions are made on the first few meetings and you don't want to seem like a meany bags!
    Save them for 4th/5th date!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus i thought he'd never get there.
    Well done Cille Dara Abu. Now i can get to bed.
    Thought we'd never get that daughter of ours out of the house. She's not been the same since the incident with the traveller lad.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Fair point. Going to the cinema on the first date can be awkward but at least it's the Hangover. Feck going to the cinema on your first date to watch something like Inception.

I did that! (imception!) then did the naughty on the way home!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I agree on not use freebie tickets however I disagree at people saying go for a pint first. Going for a cinema first means that after the movie you can go for a drink afterwards (alcohol free for you of course ;) ) and use the time to talk about the movie!

Find out what else she likes...

OP - Seems like she likes you a lot so but you seem very shy so during the movie I would be inclined to put your hand on her leg or brush it against her shoulder every now and then to see if she reacts, it is always a good sign if she does the same thing back!!

Wouldn't you just die if she ended up being a boardsie lol :D

Thanks for all the great advice people, most have been very helpful and funny:p

I'm off to my bed, this courting lark has me wrecked :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Floodric

Sunshine! wrote: »
    No way! I hadn't heard of it either but the whole damn thread is hilarious, damn that Feeky is a genius!

Also, make sure to read the tags of the thread....think my fave was "cunnilinguistics"

Heat-feeking missile :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement