Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a dilemma..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

It's good to know that AH has a use after all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

efb wrote: »
    I did that! (imception!) then did the naughty on the way home!

You sure you weren't dreaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Floodric

ColeTrain wrote: »
    You sure you weren't dreaming?

I reckon he was dreaming in a dream :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

awwww I've just read this whole thread, too cute.

That girl gave you so many cues, thank **** you had the sense to take them.

Use your freebie tickets if you like, what harm, you can buy her food or drink after if you don't wanna seem like a sting but nobody should expect to be paid for.

GL to you OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Don't bother going for a pint. If you bring her to a pub on a saturday night chances are its either gonna be packed and you won't be able to talk or its gonna be full of auld lads and you won't want to talk.

Go for food somewhere half decent abra or whatever. I also met a girl named Ciara at the weekend OP I'm rooting for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thanks for all the great advice people, most have been very helpful and funny:p

I'm off to my bed, this courting lark has me wrecked :D

Nah, you are thinking of her in shorts.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lemur762

Im starting to miss the more sick and twisted posts about smelling the girls hair, and blasting p1ss and other fluids over the counter. Come on guys, lower the tone a bit, jeez! Seriously though dude congratulations on pulling that beour! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Get in!! Excellent progress so far OP... was afraid
    this would be a total let down like Feeky's unfulfilled romance

Perhaps save the freebie tickets for another day, and do the purchasing this weekend! And def go for drinks or something after... Oh excirament!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There is no way possible way the OP can mess this up.
    Or can he??

Feeky failed after a valiant try, we are expecting better results from the OP

I don't care if she's in your leaba Friday night OP, we need updates.
    Get a twitter account why don't ya!

shep556 wrote: »
    ! Seriously though dude congratulations on pulling that beour! :D

beour? Where in Ireland are you?
    Never heard that before. Is that some regional slang the rest of Ireland doesn't know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

mikemac wrote: »
    Never heard that before. Is that some regional slang the rest of Ireland doesn't know?

Beour is traveller slang for woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You have 15k+ posts and you don't know the word "beour/beoir"?
    :confused:

That would be Limerick slang, even though its quite probably being abused by an outsider going to college there. Usually preceded by the adjectives "pure daycent". http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beour

But back on topic guys, odds on when OP is going to be dipping the wick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Can we go to the cinema with you?

Busiest night that cinema would ever have, and no one would be watching the film :pac:

Well done OP, don't mess it up now by being cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Buy the cinema tickets!! Dont under any circumstance use the free meteor ones for the first date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ficheall wrote: »
    You have 15k+ posts and you don't know the word "beour/beoir"?
    :confused:

Postcount doesn't mean a lot realy and it's split over seven years. It doesn't mean I know every slang in Ireland
    shep556 wrote: »
    That would be Limerick slang, even though its quite probably being abused by an outsider going to college there. Usually preceded by the adjectives "pure daycent".

I'm very close to Limerick and use pure daycent all the time :D
    That or "tis da solid finesht"

Never, ever heard beour before

• Registered Users Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Go for food somewhere half decent abra or whatever.

Are you ripping the piss or what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Demosthenes

Postcount doesn't mean a lot realy and it's split over seven years. It doesn't mean I know every slang in Ireland

I'm very close to Limerick and use pure daycent all the time :D
    That or "tis da solid finesht"

Never, ever heard beour before

Im fairly sure it's from traveller speak, cant/gammon/shelta not 100% sure though tbh

I dunno lads, a girl has got to appreciate a guy who can manage his finances in these uncertain times. Use the free tickets, and while your at it, bring your own food, we all know the cinema can be such a rip off. Impress her by sneaking in a 3l bottle of country spring orange (shows her your disregard for the rules), and a multi pack of lidl crisps (women love guys who can shop around for a bargain). Later, when your sealing the deal, save money on durex by using a latex glove (picked that one up from one of feekys posters, genius!) Shows her you can improvise when your stuck in a tight spot.

Come on, how could that POSSIBLY fail? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

g'em wrote: »
    Have some cojones. Chicks love cojones.

After Barça were celebrating their La Liga win in the Camp Nou last month one of the blokes on Sky asked Guillem Balague "why are the Barça players throwing red peppers at the fans?".

Guillem Balague:"It means they have cojones. Can I say it in English? They have balls!!!".

Fantastic!!!

45.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Please don't use your free passes :o

This is actually the cutest thread I've ever read! Fair play OP!

So now you know her last name you should tell us that too. Address? Facebook link? Go on go on go on go on!

I think you should get those glasses with the camera in them for in the cinema and set up a live feed for us! Please :pac:

No-one asked what age she is? I'm presuming around 23 aswel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Taylor21 wrote: »
    Please don't use your free passes :o

This is actually the cutest thread I've ever read! Fair play OP!

So now you know her last name you should tell us that too. Address? Facebook link? Go on go on go on go on!

I think you should get those glasses with the camera in them for in the cinema and set up a live feed for us! Please :pac:

No-one asked what age she is? I'm presuming around 23 aswel?

This is a good point, for all we know the O.P is a modern day Graduate chasing his Mrs. Robinson, either way, go get her!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Why not use the free passes for the next trip to the cinema?
    Drop them into the conversation along with some self-deprecating humour about how unsure of yourself you were (but don't mention this thread) and how you'd like to use the passes at some stage but didn't want to use them for fear of seeming a cheapskate. Then go see a decent film. The new x-men is full of attractive women in lingerie if that helps. That's if you're taking things slowly, of course - I don't know if this lass seems to be that sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I had an ID here but I forget my email/password so I registered again just to give more thumbs up to the OP... as Nials Crane said... "I doff my cap to you sir" well done OP, takes liathrodi to do that.. Im one of the many following this (possibly epic) thread

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Please god OP, don't use the free tickets! And don't bring her within sight of an Abra. Pub afterwards is def a good idea for a chat. I find Cinema first dates a bit of an awkward pain in the hole, sitting in silence for 2 hours. I'm praying for a better outcome than the Feekmeister. AH will go into meltdown if you seal the deal.

For entertainment purposes, the best possible outcome here is garage girl finding this thread... after OP's nailed her of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Dude, use the free tickets, who cares? They're free. She's not going to think you're cheap because you already had the tickets and she dropped the hint to go to the cinema, not you. If you go up and buy both your tickets then you have set the precedent for the relationship that you will buy everything thereafter [fact].

Use the tickets and buy all the food because that is gentleman like. You immediately nullify the cheapskate thoughts in her brain after using your free tickets by buying all the food. Not only that but you also benefit from all that food because girls never finish their cinema food - and if they do they're not the kind of girls you want to be with, nobody wants a big girl. :P

But seriously use the free tickets (just say "handy that you dropped the cinema hint :P, I had these tickets for a while but haven't bothered heading to the cinema in ages) then proceed to buy the food. The only way not using the free tickets would be in any way beneficial is if there was a 2nd cinema date in which you say something along the lines of "hahaha i have these free tickets but omg i was so scared to use them the first time lols" in which case you look 'cute'. Look at your cutest male friend OP - a sweet dude, cute as a button; that's right, he's single. Use your free tickets and flaunt them like the king that you are, you have connections with people who work at the top of the meteor building and your friend is the manager of that there cinema and the only reason you buy food is because you feel bad taking it for free even though he insists. You wear the tits in the relationship and she is merely along for the roller-coaster ride that is your wild life.

With the reaction about the free cinema tickets you'd swear he said he was going to charge her for petrol.

Edit:
    Don't bring her to abra. Don't bring her anywhere. Cinema food is too much for anyone. You can't go for a pint because your driving. Guess what you can do next weekend? That's right my friend, go for drinks. Date 2 already on the cards. When God made time he made plenty of it. Why do it all in the one night? Don't. Nice night at cinema. Quick shift, good night sally. Text one or two days later "sup bro, I'm heading out this weekend and you should come. I had a great time the other night and thought we should meet again, it's weird because I didn't think you were my type!! :P". Immediately her interior vagina longs for you now that she thinks that she isn't your type. Obviously she will ask what is your type and you will exchange friendly banter and the conversation will flow like sudocreme off a baby's itch ass crack. You will meet for drinks, date for a few months and she will fall pregnant via fertilisation with your man seed. You will live happily ever after and I will be the best man. GOOD DAY

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

This girl is a genuis at getting guys. She is going to **** you and then leave you having got what she wanted. There is no way a girl this good would be single unless she just wanted to **** random guys from the petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

pajunior wrote: »
    This girl is a genuis at getting guys. She is going to **** you and then leave you having got what she wanted. There is no way a girl this good would be single unless she just wanted to **** random guys from the petrol station.

While I don't fully agree with that I do think the pace needs to be stepped up a bit. If Saturday goes well they should be meeting up again asap.

OP do you see something long term or do you just want a rattle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

OP wake up and get online asap so we can probe you further! (pun intended) :pac:

Beour is a Cork slang word meaning a woman. :) Horrible horrible word if you ask me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

jive wrote: »

Use the tickets and buy all the food because that is gentleman like. You immediately nullify the cheapskate thoughts in her brain after using your free tickets by buying all the food. Not only that but you also benefit from all that food because girls never finish their cinema food - and if they do they're not the kind of girls you want to be with, nobody wants a big girl. :P

I beg to differ:D

Don't bring her to abra. Don't bring her anywhere. Cinema food is too much for anyone. You can't go for a pint because your driving. Guess what you can do next weekend? That's right my friend, go for drinks. Date 2 already on the cards. When God made time he made plenty of it. Why do it all in the one night? Don't. Nice night at cinema. Quick shift, good night sally. Text one or two days later "sup bro, I'm heading out this weekend and you should come. I had a great time the other night and thought we should meet again, it's weird because I didn't think you were my type!! :P". Immediately her interior vagina longs for you now that she thinks that she isn't your type. Obviously she will ask what is your type and you will exchange friendly banter and the conversation will flow like sudocreme off a baby's itch ass crack. You will meet for drinks, date for a few months and she will fall pregnant via fertilisation with your man seed. You will live happily ever after and I will be the best man. GOOD DAY

I do believe this is Jive Talkin!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Best Boards read in ages.

Come on OP we're stalking, sorry following you ever step of the way.

You can do it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement