Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a dilemma..

Options

Comments

TheZohan wrote: »
    Write your number on a piece of paper and give it to her, smile and say sure drop me a text sometime.

That's exactly what I did earlier. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Karsini wrote: »
    That's exactly what I did earlier. ;)

More guys should be doing this in fairness!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The only solution is to go to every movie in every cinema in Kildare from now until Sunday or so

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Hope all goes well O.P. :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Larianne wrote: »
    His reference: The John Cusack film 'Say Anything'. ;)

That's the one I had in my mind!

13135__say_anythiing_l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That's the one I had in my mind!

13135__say_anythiing_l.jpg:0

Listening to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Who put "AH's cinema outing" in the tags?? :) Well played! Ah no OP, we wouldn't do it to you (probably). I'm pissed off I'll be away at the weekend. Lookin forward to seeing how this ends. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Who put "AH's cinema outing" in the tags?? Well played! Ah no, OP. We wouldn't do it to you (probably). I'm pissed off I'll be away at the weekend. Lookin forward to seeing how this ends. Best of luck!
    Ends? ENDS???? OP is not allowed to let this end. Ciara's a nice girl and we all love her and can't wait to have her round for tea. We are NOT losing her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Thanks OP, you have inspired me to be straight out with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Sunshine! wrote: »
    Ends? ENDS???? OP is not allowed to let this end. Ciara's a nice girl and we all love her and can't wait to have her round for tea. We are NOT losing her!!
    Can I come for tea too? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Who put "AH's cinema outing" in the tags?? :)

As soon as you posted this several more tags have been added :D

Can I come for tea too? :p
    Hmmm did you do all your homework and brush your teeth after your dinner? Then shucks you can come too I guess..... but I'm warning you, you're on best behaviour. You're not to scare her off!

*cough cough pot kettle black cough*

mikemac wrote: »
    As soon as you posted this several more tags have been added :D
    I was lady ciller and pumping her petrol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Well done Cill Dara, Lilly Whites are on a roll and so are you. If they win Sam, you'll probably propose!:pac:

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

Larianne wrote: »
    More guys should be doing this in fairness!!

*slips Larianne my number* ;):p

It was a dead giveaway though, she asked me if I lived with my girlfriend so no guesswork was really needed on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Lol Funny thread Tags are funny!:pac:

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

Why isn't it Friday yet!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?! Really sweet thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Why isn't it Friday yet!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?! Really sweet thread :)
    Haha only seen them now. Best thread ever

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

B&C togehta 4eva.... just like in the alphabet...

Boo yeah cheesy post of the night! I'm off on hols this weekend so I'll miss the cinema update but sure I'll have to find an aul computer to get the goss- crucial like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

B&C togehta 4eva.... just like in the alphabet...

Boo yeah cheesy post of the night! I'm off on hols this weekend so I'll miss the cinema update but sure I'll have to find an aul computer to get the goss- crucial like!
    holidays suck when you have things like this happening in your homeland. Cancel the holiday. Cinema is Finn be savage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

OP you need to setup a twitter account so we get the breaking news!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

seanybiker wrote: »
    holidays suck when you have things like this happening in your homeland. Cancel the holiday. Cinema is Finn be savage.

I know like the one week I go away and Bryan is finally (hopefully) gettin the shift from Ciara... Imagine how things could have progressed by the time I'm back?

he'll be dippin the wick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

pajunior wrote: »
    Maybe we should all go to different cinemas on the different nights and look out for people who look like they're on a first date.

Not sure what to do once we identify them though???

just sign upto twitter page . everyone be on alert and when someone spots them quick update Got them and the location . we all have super cars on the ready and i'll have a word with the boys in blue so there are no limits :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Don't just text all week or it'll be weird on Date night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Probably suggested already, but next time you see her tell her to have a look at this thread!, her heart will melt!.....keep us updated lad, we all love a bit of romance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Haha this thread is the business. Fair play to you OP. You did something that you were genuinely scared of doing. And did you notice how that's already stood to you at least once since then? When you were debating whether to ask her to the cinema or not, you were more willing to take that risk because you'd already done it once. If you never saw the girl again you'd have gained a huge amount from this experience.

As it is, this girl really fancies you and you've come across as a really nice guy so I expect Friday to be the first of many dates. It's definitely not a bad idea to do something after the cinema though because the cinema is great in one way - a short period of small talk before the film starts which is good to make you feel comfortable in each other's company - but it'd be weird to just walk out the door and go your separate ways. My suggestion is that you drive her home. The car is a great place for a chat.

Best of luck with it and fair play for getting this far!

Edit: The suggestion about going into the cinema during the week and swapping the free passes for tickets is a good one by the way. If you can't do that, bite the bullet and pay the 20 quid for the first time. It shouldn't matter but you don't want to leave anything to chance I guess. And don't worry your head about her maybe finding this thread sometime. You've come across well so I'm sure she wouldn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Drop the hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

The only solution is to go to every movie in every cinema in Kildare from now until Sunday or so

You can't help but admire that kind of dedication

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Great Thread, Killed some time for me this morning reading it, hope it all goes well for you OP, best of Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement