Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a dilemma..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Well done OP, might aswell sticky this thread for the next 3-5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Delighted the date went well for you OP.
    I only got home and jumped straight on here for an update! Don't know how long you should keep updating this thread but I'm sure we'll all read it as long as you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Congrats! I love a good happy ending!

So do I - but you usually have to pay extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Well done OP, you da man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

This thread's got over 88,000 views. That's like the entire population of Galway cheering you on. And imagining your bird naked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Good stuff OP. Glad to hear it went so well. Best of luck with it from here on out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Well done mate, but honestly....i think you should leave things here and keep your private life just that, you accomplished what you wanted and got over your fears. But i think now you need to quit this thread as *if* she did catch wind of this thread after the initial setup you'd come across fair creepy if you detailed every date in graphic detail.

What's next?....rundown of the sex?, get on with it and let these Boardies find something else to entertain them :)

Good to see all the interest in this date:D

We agreed for me to pick her up in town at 7:30, I made sure I was there early as I did'nt want to make a bad impression by been late, she turned up at exactly half 7, she looked amazing in high heels, a knee length dress and a very low cut top:P I was wearing the usual whit shirt and jeans, nothing exciting!

We chatted away in the car like we had known eachother forever, shes very chatty and I did'nt mind letting her do most of the talking, shes genuinely funny which is very rare in a girl (sorry girls:D).

We got to the cinema at around 10 to 8, the movie was'nt starting until 8:30 so we stayed in the car listening to music and talking, we went inside around 8:15, I bought the two tickets and 2 huge cartons of popcorn and 2 bottles of coke.

The Cinema we were in was packed so we had to sit at the front, We could'nt really talk during the film as it was very loud, we just giggled at certain funny points in the movie(which was very rare btw), I just wanted it to end because it was not my kind of film but she seemed to have enjoyed it.

Then it ended thank God and we strolled outside and into the car, I asked her if she had work in the morning and she said yes at 8 o' clock, which put the kybosh on going anywhere else, I asked was she going out to town tommorrow night and she said yes she was going to 21st then onto a particular night-club, she asked me would I go to the club to have a few drinks with her and of course I said yes. Date no.2 sorted:D

I drove her straight home(needing her directions) as she had work in the morning tommorrow, I pulled up outside her gate(very nice house btw:p) and she said thanks for taking her to watch The Hang-over 2, I said no problem I had a great night, I then leaned in for a kiss and she did'nt hesitate, in other words we shifted, for a good 5 minutes!;)

Then we stopped before we both ran out of breath:P And we said good-night to eachother and had one more quick kiss;)

I have to say I'm really smitten with her, she really is amazing and i'm delighted I did'nt chicken out of asking her for her number.

So there you go AH'ers, again thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

What's next?....rundown of the sex?, get on with it and let these Boardies find something else to entertain them :)

I'd say close the thread after this is posted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Well done mate, but honestly....i think you should leave things here and keep your private life just that,

If they ever make married, this thread is going to be part of the greatest best man's speech ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mink!

I'm only new here. Cool story bro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Bryan, kill it now. If she reads this thread you are history, she will not like it IMHO. I wish you all the luck with you and ciera. It makes me remember the girl I was to shy to ask out and still regret I didnt. You dont need our help anymore. Good luck lad, you seem like a nice fella. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mink!

ya, good luck lad!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Delighted for ya dude. I see where the people suggesting you finish the thread are coming from, but please don't. This is better than any soap opera.

Hope ya get the ride tomorrow night:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

I hate to be a buzz kill as this thread made my week and month without a doubt, but after you give us an encounter of tomorrows events, I reckon you should ask a mod to lock it. With all the views and so forth people are just going to start posting stuff that would not be pleasant if Esso Ciara finds out, its been all nice and romantic so far but i'd rather see you get a girlfriend than her reading this in two weeks and breaking up with you. In before the lock No !, just in before the durty minded f*ckers are :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fair play OP, a lot of (online) pressure on you and you achieved what you wanted. Best of luck with what is obviously a girl you care about :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭scoll

This thread NEEDS to be added to The Legendary List of Boards Threads. It really really does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

We agreed for me to pick her up in town at 7:30, I made sure I was there early as I did'nt want to make a bad impression by been late, she turned up at exactly half 7, she looked amazing in high heels, a knee length dress and a very low cut top:P I was wearing the usual whit shirt and jeans, nothing exciting!

We chatted away in the car like we had known eachother forever, shes very chatty and I did'nt mind letting her do most of the talking, shes genuinely funny which is very rare in a girl (sorry girls:D).

We got to the cinema at around 10 to 8, the movie was'nt starting until 8:30 so we stayed in the car listening to music and talking, we went inside around 8:15, I bought the two tickets and 2 huge cartons of popcorn and 2 bottles of coke.

The Cinema we were in was packed so we had to sit at the front, We could'nt really talk during the film as it was very loud, we just giggled at certain funny points in the movie(which was very rare btw), I just wanted it to end because it was not my kind of film but she seemed to have enjoyed it.

Then it ended thank God and we strolled outside and into the car, I asked her if she had work in the morning and she said yes at 8 o' clock, which put the kybosh on going anywhere else, I asked was she going out to town tommorrow night and she said yes she was going to 21st then onto a particular night-club, she asked me would I go to the club to have a few drinks with her and of course I said yes. Date no.2 sorted:D

I drove her straight home(needing her directions) as she had work in the morning tommorrow, I pulled up outside her gate(very nice house btw:p) and she said thanks for taking her to watch The Hang-over 2, I said no problem I had a great night, I then leaned in for a kiss and she did'nt hesitate, in other words we shifted, for a good 5 minutes!;)

Then we stopped before we both ran out of breath:P And we said good-night to eachother and had one more quick kiss;)

I have to say I'm really smitten with her, she really is amazing and i'm delighted I did'nt chicken out of asking her for her number.

So there you go AH'ers, again thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it;)

sorry I just had to quote Bryans post.. if u see this OP I just want to let u know, u inspired me to do something similar, and that for me is cool! Im so happy it went well, Im a hopless romantic (drunk so forgive spelling)

WELL DONE I think all of AH are proud of you!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well done OP.

You did all the hard work and got the just reward.

Again I'd also suggest knocking this thread on the head.

You can update it in a few years if your asking us advise on how to pop the question.

Well done, OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

You sir, are a legend! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

You cant lock the thread just yet

we havent heard Esso Ciaras side of the date..............;)

Well done Cill You Ligind!!!!!!!!!!!:D

(but yeah, lock the thread soon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Well done!

Though im trying to picture in my head how she wore a dress and a low cut top. Did you happen to take any pictures? Think we need to sort this out....

And by the way guys, thanks for leaving me hanging with the flashmob, I looked like an idiot...

There's money to be made here... Bryan and Ciara t-shirts could outsell the three wolf moon t-shirts over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

There's money to be made here... Bryan and Ciara t-shirts could outsell the three wolf moon t-shirts over night.

we could sell them in petrol stations and cinemas!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Well done, OP. Glad it all went well for you but I'm gonna have to go with the others here:

Lock it. Lock it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

This thread inspired me to ask out a girl I like.....

...she promptly and publicly turned me down....

now I feel terrible, I hate you op

(Im kidding, good on ya)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Don't lock it until we get a yes or no from Bryan! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cleo87

I love this thread, been following it from the start, really happy for you bryan :D

I think if I were ciara and read this i wouldn't be angry, it would make me smile, so long as the most detail given was about kissing and nothing after that...i think everyone here in AH has wild enough imaginations! :D But i think Bryans a gent and wouldnt do this anyway ;)

Hope date no.2 goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Sir- when hollywood remake "I Am Legend", it will be about you.

Delighted for ya man. And i have to echo the sentiment, lock the thread, keep things to yourself from now.

Well done mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

Just read this whole tread and it is soooo sweet to see something great happen and everyone willing OP on!
    Good luck with your new budding romance with ciara and its only up from here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

I too have enjoyed this thread from the start. I am only speaking up now because of the calls to lock the thread........Why?

I'd like to think OP has the common sense not to post too much detail about future dates.

I believe there is a bit of life left in this thread as the longer this 'romance' lasts, Ciara will definitely hear of this thread(via a friend of a friend of a friend etc....), and it will be interesting to hear of her reaction. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement