Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a dilemma..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

RichT wrote: »
    I too have enjoyed this thread from the start. I am only speaking up now because of the calls to lock the thread........Why?

I'd like to think OP has the common sense not to post too much detail about future dates.

I believe there is a bit of life left in this thread as the longer this 'romance' lasts, Ciara will definitely hear of this thread(via a friend of a friend of a friend etc....), and it will be interesting to hear of her reaction. :eek:

Precisely why it should be locked, deleted, and Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones should come along with some silver pens with a flashy red light and zap us all except Bryan and Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I read the forst post and some of the early epic replies... i then foolishly, skipped to the last page.. where he actually gets the girl - missing all the middle of the story, which is a waste reading now cause i know the ending

OP, what you have done has rarely been done on AH, normally some guy fancies his teacher and starts a thread, that ultimatly ends in fail.

You sir. Are made of win

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

I actually feel like my only child has just headed off for his first day of school:o! Good on ya Bryan, we're so proud :D!

...But i can't believe no-ones picked up on the fact that he said girls aren't normally funny:(Shame on Cill Dara! I find myself hilarious :o :P

I can head off for work now with a big smile on my face, you've made my day! Hope ye have fun tonight :) AH is behind you all the way do us proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You sir deserve your place in Legend of the Boards
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=557

I suppose this thread will be locked soon or maybe run it's course before you're nominated
    But you'll get a chance for sure

Not to throw in the standard line but it's true we regret more what we didn't attempt, not what we actually tried :o
    I hope this thread gets a few boardsies say fook it and take a chance at something that scares them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well done OP. Brilliant posting too.
    Hope Kildare win Leinster now and might see you and Ciara in Croke Park.
    Imagine being spotted by the tv cameras wearing the Bryan & Ciara shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭boogeyman

It says alot about my own life when the first thing I thought of this morning when I got up was "how did bryan and ciara get on last night"

Well done Bryan, you have done yourself proud. Best of luck with date no. 2 - your well in there my friend, well in;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 purefear

Oh, you are all so naive. The whole story was just his fantasy. :pac:
    But I know, people like happy ends. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Will there be another boards baby? I certainly hope so!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Best part of the thread - "We shifted for over five minutes."

I love boggers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Phew I've finally caught up. Lovely story OP, I hope things continue to go so well.
    I wouldn't say lock it just yet...not til you have your first kid with her anyway:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

purefear wrote: »
    Oh, you are all so naive. The whole story was just his fantasy. :pac:

Was about to say that,one of these moments!-

Hope everyone is supportive if it goes all wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

ah'ers cinema outing, bryan puts feeky to shame, call me ;), ciara is looking at this, esso vs topaz, feeky= failure, friday i'm in love, kingtut is a sex machine, lady ciller, lob, nelly and kelly, our bryan, penis cream application, petrol girl & his hose, petrol girl to be pumped, petrol vs diesel, pumping her petrol, rimming tinkers, s e x? more like esso-x, sex biscuits, the life of bryan, the sex-life of brian., the urine of a rat, turbo charged bdsm, we love bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Well done OP should definatly be in the Legends of Boards threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Way to go. :D:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

This should be in the 'list of legendary threads' thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭innovation.

Is this to be the build-up to The Hangover Part 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Australian AH MasterShift

* AH assembles*

Could those of you who haven't been following this thread please leave now?

*AH thins*

Could those of you who aren't hopeless romantics please leave now?

*Thins a bit more, less than half left*

Could those of you in a happy stable relationship please leave now?

*Less than a third left*

You are the people who could go on to lift the AH MasterShift title for 2011.

You ARE the hopeless romantics. I see it in all of you. But who's the most hopeless? Who has what it takes? Who is willing to go that extra mile?

It's time to emulate Bryan. I see Bryan in all of you.

Okay, could everyone who found the thread soo cute or sooo sweet, please go with Gina.

*hopeless romantic females leave, along with a couple of fellas who might aswell cut it off*

*Hall looking a little thin*

Okay fellas, where did it all go wrong? Where did ye miss a step? Where did ye fail to be Bryan?

Hands up how many of ye thought that the thread was romantic?

*Hands go up*

Okay, now how many of ye used the potential of Bryan's thread to bring some romance into your own lives?

*blankness*

That's what we're here to teach you. Who knows whether there's another Bryan out there? Well that's what we're here to find out.

Did ANY of ye think of the girls that are over there with Gina right now?

Did any of ye think that maybe, inviting one (or many) of them over for a few beers on Friday and following the thread together might be a good idea?

Romantic setting, pressure off, looking at the screen?

Nobody? Huh?

Yeah, well, do you know what?

*presenter loses the plot*

I live in a little bedsit and I didn't think of it in time either.

Fcukin frigid bitches.

\director steps in and cut to advertisement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 twittertwat

Had to register to post.

For all the people saying "oh this should make men do this more often or whatnot", she asked if he had a girlfriend, 99% chance the girl is into him if she asks that. Would a guy as a girl if she had a boyfriend if he wasn't interested?

She basically told him by asking him that, that she wanted his tongue in her mouth.

If she didn't ask him that he wouldn't have come on here asking for advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Had to register to post.

For all the people saying "oh this should make men do this more often or whatnot", she asked if he had a girlfriend, 99% chance the girl is into him if she asks that. Would a guy as a girl if she had a boyfriend if he wasn't interested?

She basically told him by asking him that, that she wanted his tongue in her mouth.

If she didn't ask him that he wouldn't have come on here asking for advice.

Well d'uh! :pac:

Well d'uh! :pac:

well there's no point people saying it should give men the confidence to ask girls out more often. She gave him a massive hint, he didn't really take a risk.

• Advertisement

well there's no point people saying it should give men the confidence to ask girls out more often. She gave him a massive hint, he didn't really take a risk.

The reason he had the dilemma is 'cos he was shy, so it felt like a bigger risk for him. Now don't be coming in here undermining our restored belief in romance and vicarious living through our Bryara!

The reason he had the dilemma is 'cos he was shy, so it felt like a bigger risk for him. Now don't be coming in here undermining our restored belief in romance and vicarious living through our Bryara!

also you shouldn't compare him to feeky as feekys thread was made up. People must still think it was real.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

"Back of the net"

also you shouldn't compare him to feeky as feekys thread was made up. People must still think it was real.

If that's addressed to me, I didn't compare him to Feeky, read more carefully. If it's not addressed to me, then don't quote me when making your point.

If that's addressed to me, I didn't compare him to Feeky, read more carefully. If it's not addressed to me, then don't quote me when making your point.

didn't mean to quote ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Congrats! Delighted for you!:D

I'm such a loser, I was at work this morning and I couldnt wait to get home and check this thread! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

I think we should all be invited to the stag party

Congrats! Delighted for you!:D

I'm such a loser, I was at work this morning and I couldnt wait to get home and check this thread! :o

90000+ views, this is nearly the 900th post, it's not a loser thing if there's enough of us at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

900 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

It's against the rules to call you a twat, although personally I would find twitter to be the bigger insult. Do you not understand that it doesn't matter whether Bryan and Ciara are real or not.

It's an escapist romantic thread. It's Boards does Mills&Boon. Or Georgette Heyer for the Stephen Fry fans.

Try to remember that childhood game, "Under-arm relievio" where you had to keep your hand on the wall if you were caught, but you could be freed if one of your team managed to run underneath your arm. We're all caught; we're all stuck to the wall, and the only member of the team left out there is Bryan. We're all willing him on, and he manages to dodge the two guards, evades a tag and runs underneath all our arms freeing us all.

I just hope he isn't the one who gets tagged, although it would make him even more heroic.

There's a time and a place for realism chief, but AH ain't it. We likes our fantasy here. If you don't believe me, you should check out some of our views on the IMF\EU bailout.

And Btw, Wibbs there is nothing pie in the sky about my suggestion. At least I realise that a credible,sustainable,beanstalk has to be built, before we can dismiss the pie.

Where are your figures?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement