Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a dilemma..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

fullstop wrote: »
    Go back to the shop and take a sneaky pic of her on your phone. Then post said pic of her and on of you so we can assess what chance, if any, you'd have with her.
    Haha that aint going to happen

jive wrote: »
    You should strike up some small talk when the place ain't busy, talk about a new popular film you want to see perhaps, (OMG I WANT TO SEE THAT FILM TO LOOOOOL) then at the end say "you should give me your number" then she will either give her number or deny you. If you get denied then you are in the exact same position you are in now, alone. Don't be a nervous bender because then nobody would want you to have their number. Just go in and be relaxed, like I said the worst that can happen is you end up right back at square one where you began. If she gives you her number then you can go home and masterbate while you text her sweet sweet ass.

You should do this immediately because if you keep going in being a phaggot with waste-of-time talk (i.e. small talk) then you will be friend zoned. You obviously have come down with a case of oneitis (omg that one girl is so perfect) so you will not take any of the advice in this thread; instead you will do nothing and be foreveralone.jpg

Take the advice and you will have your throbbing member in her vaginal fluid in no time.

Edit: WTF I think I just read that you were going to slip your number to her with money? There is only one way that will end - you will look like a creepy motherphucker and die alone. What the phuck? Why would you even consider that a reasonable suggestion? Real life is not a romcom. Say the words "you should give me your number" confidently, not "can I have your number, please?" or "surrender thine telephone integers dear wench". Keep it simple and confident. Do not be a creep.
    I'm thinking your single?

Yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I'm thinking your single?

Yes...

No I'm not but that would have absolutely no bearing on my advice anyway. You go slip your number with the money then, let me know how that goes lmao.

The reason you are asking for advice is because you have no clue what to do. I like to think I have a clue and it's not exactly a wild suggestion to go in when the place isn't busy, exchange small talk and say "you should give me your number" or "you should give me your number <insert reason relevant to the conversation>".

You can go the creepy hollywood route if you like but in real life you will be laughed at behind your back with that lame 'plan'. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

You should strike up some small talk when the place ain't busy, talk about a new popular film you want to see perhaps, (OMG I WANT TO SEE THAT FILM TO LOOOOOL) then at the end say "you should give me your number" then she will either give her number or deny you. If you get denied then you are in the exact same position you are in now, alone. Don't be a nervous bender because then nobody would want you to have their number. Just go in and be relaxed, like I said the worst that can happen is you end up right back at square one where you began. If she gives you her number then you can go home and masterbate while you text her sweet sweet ass.

You should do this immediately because if you keep going in being a phaggot with waste-of-time talk (i.e. small talk) then you will be friend zoned. You obviously have come down with a case of oneitis (omg that one girl is so perfect) so you will not take any of the advice in this thread; instead you will do nothing and be foreveralone.jpg

Take the advice and you will have your throbbing member in her vaginal fluid in no time.

Edit: WTF I think I just read that you were going to slip your number to her with money? There is only one way that will end - you will look like a creepy motherphucker and die alone. What the phuck? Why would you even consider that a reasonable suggestion? Real life is not a romcom. Say the words "you should give me your number" confidently, not "can I have your number, please?" or "surrender thine telephone integers dear wench". Keep it simple and confident. Do not be a creep.

someones been reading THE GAME!!!:D

barakus wrote: »
    someones been reading THE GAME!!!:D

Nah I hate books (not being 2cool4school I just don't enjoy reading books) :pac: I just know the simple rules of be confident and don't be a bender (i.e. you should give me and not can i have when asking for a number). Anyway if she's not attracted to OP it's not going to work out, but she sounds good to go. It's just up to him to work up the balls to ask and not be weird about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭john__long

Same as all the people have said before.

Go for it! Nothing to lose, loads to gain!

If you need some encouragement, here's a humourous video.

Nah I hate books (not being 2cool4school I just don't enjoy reading books) :pac: I just know the simple rules of be confident and don't be a bender (i.e. you should give me and not can i have when asking for a number). Anyway if she's not attracted to OP it's not going to work out, but she sounds good to go. It's just up to him to work up the balls to ask and not be weird about it.

you hate books? all of them?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Wonder is she sitting at home now looking at Boards reading this.

I am, yeah. :pac:

barakus wrote: »
    you hate books? all of them?

Yup!! I've tried reading many different books and didn't enjoy any of them. I just don't enjoy reading. I like articles and the likes but plays/novels etc. don't appeal to me in the slightest. The only books I've read are those I had to for leaving cert. I do plenty of reading but I don't read books for leisure, ever. I realise this makes me look like a knob but I just don't enjoy them and I have given all different types a good chance. Strong thread derailing :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭Pi^2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Cill Dara,this is an opportunity you cant miss.If you dont ask her out the next time you see her,your chance might be gone,you WILL regret it, and things will get awkward between ye.
    Wait till things are quiet in there,take a deep breath,and ask her would she like to go out sometime and can you have her number.
    She is already after breaking the ice, so dont attempt to go passing her your number.The ball is now in your court.She clearly likes you so go for it.Keep it short and sweet.I bet the next time you are walking out of that garage you will be on a high.
    All the best.

Pi^2 wrote: »

Is that the guy that used to be in 3rd Rock From The Sun in the second video?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭Pi^2

Is that the guy that used to be in 3rd Rock From The Sun in the second video?

It sure is, he is also in Inception. And he is actually one of the main actors in 10 things I hate about you!

Man, 3rd Rock from the Sun was the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Do NOT slip her your number with the money!! It's the most cringe worthy thing ever.. Speaking from experience after working in a newsagents for a few years anyone who'd try that or say something stupid like, 'Can I have €5 085 and your number' you straight away feel mortified for the person and laugh it off!

A bit of confidence, even if you fake it, would go a long way. It's much better to have a laugh and chat with someone and for them to offer going for a drink after closing than doing something silly like passing a note.

Trust me the note won't work!

Do NOT slip her your number with the money!! It's the most cringe worthy thing ever.. Speaking from experience after working in a newsagents for a few years anyone who'd try that or say something stupid like, 'Can I have €5 085 and your number' you straight away feel mortified for the person and laugh it off!

A bit of confidence, even if you fake it, would go a long way. It's much better to have a laugh and chat with someone and for them to offer going for a drink after closing than doing something silly like passing a note.

Trust me the note won't work!

Id at least go for the tenners credit if I was attempting to pull:D

That reminds me there was two dopes in the offie steamed drunk at 5 pm yesterday trying to chat up the girl working there despite her telling them repeatedly she was married for 3 years..was fcukin cringeworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Ask her before she has the chance to meet anyone else!

Seriously though, just do it, and ask her, verbally: Don't slip her anything, no numbers, no tricks. That stuff is gonna come across as a sort of lame attempt at being suave.
    Even if you come across as shy, she'll appreciate the gesture of confidence even more. I'm telling you. If she's asked you if you have a girlfriend already, then her answer's gonna be yes anyway, because there's no other reason to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Karona wrote: »
    Just go into the shop go up to the till to buy something and just say to her, fancy going for a drink whenever your free??

Trust me it works.

I'm a girl and would gladly go out with a nice guy who wanted to take me for a drink :)

Fancy going for a drink whenever your free?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

MadsL wrote: »

That kid with the ice cream.She been in something else since shes grown up ?

Soby wrote: »
    That kid with the ice cream.She been in something else since shes grown up ?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001833/

you might be thinking of her because they look very similar hahah. She wasn't in intermission though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

13 pages of Pick-up lines OP, your spoilt for choice...

Jesus... What should you do? Ask her out. None of that slipping her your number bullshlt.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Do NOT do the number thing, seriously don't DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT!

Ok hopefully you'll have got it into your head that it's a bad idea :P

Go in when the place isn't busy some time get chatting and ask her if she'd like to go out for a pint some time, just do it, i don't care if you're shy or whatever just do it!
    I'd almost definitely say you're in from what you said in your previous posts,
    asking a bird out for a pint isn't seen as something that's odd at all, however the whole slipping the number thing would be a bit weird i'd think.

Make sure you do it and good luck :)

If it goes arseways (which i think is highly unlikely!) then blast her with piss as a last resort :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Just ask her OP. Shes obviously got the hots for ya. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I finally have an answer to something on AH.
    Dude pm the location of garage and time your headin down.
    I'll head into shop and rob it giving the lady grieve. You then kick the crap out of me (not the face and balls) and then you become the hero and get the lady cause she'll ask you for a drink!
    All i ask in return is you pay any hospital bills and make a donation to my choosen charity. I'll be waiting....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 tommyp

Looking for some advice on this.

So theres this petrol station up the road from where I live, I went in last Monday to get a light bulb for my car, the owner was there and he went out the back to look for the right one for me, then a girl that works there came over we started chatting while I was waiting for the bulb, just chatting about normal every day stuff, the weather and the like, she then asked me did I have a girlfriend, I said no and she said "thats cool" and giggled a bit, at that moment the owner came back with the bulb and I left.

So just now I went up to get credit for my phone and she was there again, did'nt really chat this time because the shop was busy, but I could see that she was smiling at me alot, she's a fairly good-looking girl and i'd go as far as to say i fancy her.

Now I know the next step would be maybe to ask her for her number, but believe me i'd rather die because i am very shy and just do'nt have it in me, I can't look her up on Facebook because I only know her first name(it was on the bottom of the receipt... stalker I know:D).

Anyone have any advice as to what to do next, that does'nt involve blasting her with piss.
    take a picture of your shaven penis and post it to her at the garage, just make sure to mark it private

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I don't see the problem here. You shouldn't have any nerves at all considering the hint she dropped you.

It would be different if you were to ask her out with no clue if she liked you or not but in this case you should go for it without any fear.

Just ask her out for a drink, I'd agree with not slipping the number, no need for it. Anyways best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

you know he'll be back in a few days time asking for advice about what to say on his date with petrol shop girl

:rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

There's no harm in admitting to her that you're sh1tting yourself, as in 'look, I'm a bit nervous doing this, but would you like to go for a drink sometime?'

She'll then realise that there isn't something wrong with you lurking around the garage for the past while and may actually be pleased that you are not an uber-confident ladies man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

OP, a dilemma is where you can't decide what to do. It seems pretty obvious what you have to do, you just need to man up and do it. A few seconds of embarrassment is all you're risking, it's really not that big a deal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement