Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a dilemma..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

NoDice wrote: »
    On a serious note, I hope you've texted her by now. Speaking as a girl, I'd be freaking out that I did something wrong or maybe you were taking the piss if you haven't texted by now!
    If she had any reservations about the OP she wouldn't have given him her number in the first place. I think he should leave it until tomorrow. It is never good to be too keen IMO.

Lawher wrote: »
    Cut the thread before everyone finds Ciara.:p
    I doubt that the OP has given us her real name :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

MrsD007 wrote: »
    If she had any reservations about the OP she wouldn't have given him her number in the first place. I think he should leave it until tomorrow. It is never good to be too keen IMO.

Texting the day after is not too soon in fairness. Waiting that three day crap is just game playing shenanigans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You realize OP if you and Ciara get married then you'll have to invite everyone here

g'em wrote: »
    Texting the day after is not too soon in fairness. Waiting that three day crap is just game playing shenanigans.
    Tuesday is only two days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I agree, you don't want to start out with her feeling like you're messing her around or have the mental age of a early adolescent. And don't fret too long over the first text either. Don't be someone you're not---otherwise that's potentially a long awkward conversation when you're married ten years and you have to own up "I'm not who you think I am.... My house isn't really made of gingerbread =("

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Wooly Hat

We're all totally fascinated with this tale of light bulbs, petrol stations and blustering romance. Let's face it everyone. We need to know how this turns out. It's only getting good now. We want regular updates god dammit. I mean this thread is only going to get interesting when it has posts by Ciara.

Tuesday is only two days!
    She asked if he had a girlfriend, she was obviously interested. He asked for her number, she gave it to him straight away. She's obviously interested. The OP seems like a nice guy. Ciara seems like a nice girl. Why wait and wreck the poor girls' head? Too keen my arse.

She asked if he had a girlfriend, she was obviously interested. He asked for her number, she gave it to him straight away. She's obviously interested. The OP seems like a nice guy. Ciara seems like a nice girl. Why wait and wreck the poor girls' head? Too keen my arse.
    Following your logic he should have asked her out when he was in the shop with her alone so. Anyway, the decision is the OP's to make and we are all agreed that it is nice to see people getting together etc. I've been happily married for years so maybe I'm not the best person to be giving advice on dating.

Following your logic he should have asked her out when he was in the shop with her alone so. Anyway, the decision is the OP's to make and we are all agreed that it is nice to see people getting together etc. I've been happily married for a years so maybe I'm not the best person to be giving advice on dating.

ah no, even I'd think that was a bit much :pac: And of course it's not his decision, his life is now in the hands of AH :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i hope OP's texted her already. GET THE FINGER OUT MAN!

or ya wont get the finger in...like...*

*completely unintentional

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

There's no need to be tactical though. She's obviously interested.. Why wait and wreck her head?

G'em has put it way better than I ever could. Ha, agree completely.

I just can't wait to hear what happens! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Come on will ya. Fill us in. This is kinda like Truman show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Was supposed to take the missues out tonight for a meal

Just told her no chance

I'll be sitting by boards waiting for the OP. Refresh, refresh!

mikemac wrote: »
    Was supposed to take the missues out tonight for a meal

Just told her no chance
    I'll be sitting by boards waiting for the OP. Refresh, refresh!
    Jaysus mikemac :eek: :eek: :eek:

Take your wife to dinner or tomorrow you will be on here looking for advice on how to win your wife back :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Fareplay OP. It's a nice thread!

Don't make a bollix out of it now :p

Can I be the best man and loopy be the head bridesmade?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

make sure you keep a copy of this thread for your grandkids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

This is better drama than Fair City- hope she isn't a Suzanne!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

phill106 wrote: »
    make sure you keep a copy of this thread for your grandkids

Jeebus, the wedding speeches will be interesting if the best man gets hid hands on this thread!:D Suppose he will have to omit some of the "lovely" suggestions people have made so as to not scare Ciara!
    You know you will let us all down if this doesn't end up being a big day out for all of us AHers? I have my hat ready.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Daniel S

OP, will you setup a twitter account.

Jaysus, I've actually found a use for Twitter...:pac:

Ciara sounds lovely. Gwon Ciara ya legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Checked this thread as soon as I got in from work :o

Did you text her yet? C'mon and give us the goss... Yeowwww!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

The OP seems like a nice guy.
    Nice guy, eh :confused: And he met this girl in a petrol station..:eek:

Lemag wrote: »
    Nice guy, eh :confused: And he met this girl in a petrol station..:eek:

Ahh...we will leave him off, twas just the frustration talking;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

Aw delighted for you OP, hope all goes well...
    C'mon Update please...i love this thread :-)

Looks like the OP has taken a vow of silence, now he has a girlfriend we have been dumped :(:(:(

Looks like the OP has taken a vow of silence, now he has a girlfriend we have been dumped :(:(:(

Someone, quick, get down to the nearest petrol station and start this over again.

Yeah bad form. He don't need us anymore. Hope he don't get a ride. I'm heartbroken..

• Advertisement

rebel10 wrote: »
    Someone, quick, get down to the nearest petrol station and start this over again.
    Look on the bright side, we always have mikemac's domestic difficulties to fall back on if the OP has dumped us - see post 256 :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement