Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose ring healing?

Options
  • 11-06-2011 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi I got my nose pierced almost 3 months ago and I still don't think it's healed properly, is this normal? I got it pierced with a ring so I know this can take longer to heal, but it's starting to get annoying. At first I was just cleaning it with warm salt and water. That went fine for the first week or so but then it started getting that lump thing every so often, which would then turn into a white-head and pop. Needless to say it wasn't very attractive.

My friend gave me some healing stuff she had from an old piercing about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. I'm not sure what it is actually (neither was she, her piercers gave it to her for free) but the problem seemed to clear up almost immediatly and I stopped needing to clean it everyday. But then yesterday it started getting annoying and tingly, like something was brewing. Today it's been genuinley painful, like throbbing pain most of the day.

My brother had his nose pierced (also with a ring) and he said it never healed for him either. There's no chance it could just "run in the family" :o is there?

Anyway, I love my nose ring and am desperate to keep it but it's really started to get on my nerves and occasionally cause me discomfort. Any advice on what I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Continue on with the cleaning for a week or so and see how you get on. If not go back to your piercer and get them to have a check and see :)

Advertisement