Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dyatlov Pass Incident

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Only found out about that recently as well. Very strange indeed. I really can't think of any possible explanation. Aliens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

i hadnt heard about it until your post...found this video on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pp6POvlER4
    the tongue thing is the freakiest part!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Duff wrote: »
    Only found out about that recently as well. Very strange indeed. I really can't think of any possible explanation. Aliens?

Bears? Crazy drunken vodka party? Have you never gone camping, ending up pissed in the nip with your tent torn apart and waking up on the ground the next day? Throw in the Siberian wilderness and some wild man eating animals and you have yourself a recipe for disaster.

Riamfada wrote: »
    Bears? Crazy drunken vodka party? Have you never gone camping, ending up pissed in the nip with your tent torn apart and waking up on the ground the next day? Throw in the Siberian wilderness and some wild man eating animals and you have yourself a recipe for disaster.

With high levels of radiation found on their clothing, their skin tinged a tan colour and their hair gone grey? Also the internal damage in 3 of the bodies with no soft tissue damage on the outside? I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

If you refer to the 'questions and answers' link at the end of the wiki article, it actually says that the grey hair thing is nonsense.

But as for the rest of it, I can't think of any explanation myself, although I did read a fairly plausible one from an internet blogger, basically that the group may have thought they heard an avalanche coming and abandoned the tent as fast as they could. Hypothermia could have killed the first ones, as suspected, and the rest may have fallen down that ravine they were found in - one expert claimed this could have caused the injurys...but why no injuries on the outside, I don't know :confused:

Also, the tanned colour of the skin may have been the funeral morticians efforts to cover up the many days of winter sunburn the bodies would have been exposed to, as another internet user stated.

• Advertisement

If you refer to the 'questions and answers' link at the end of the wiki article, it actually says that the grey hair thing is nonsense.

But as for the rest of it, I can't think of any explanation myself, although I did read a fairly plausible one from an internet blogger, basically that the group may have thought they heard an avalanche coming and abandoned the tent as fast as they could. Hypothermia could have killed the first ones, as suspected, and the rest may have fallen down that ravine they were found in - one expert claimed this could have caused the injurys...but why no injuries on the outside, I don't know :confused:

Also, the tanned colour of the skin may have been the funeral morticians efforts to cover up the many days of winter sunburn the bodies would have been exposed to, as another internet user stated.

Quite plausible explanations there alright. Still find the missing tongue and levels of radiation very odd though. Has an air of a military cover up about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its soviet Russia. I wouldnt be surprised if the entire episode didnt even happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Duff wrote: »
    Quite plausible explanations there alright. Still find the missing tongue and levels of radiation very odd though. Has an air of a military cover up about it too.

The questions and answers site has some good info

http://www.aquiziam.com/dyatlov_pass_answers.html
    What about the absence of Dubanina’s tongue. Many websites discussing this event claim that it was ripped out. Is this true?

It is true that her tongue and parts of her oral cavity were missing when she was discovered two months after the event. This aspect has led people to see a bizarre aspect to this incident that is wholly unjustified. The reality is that her tongue was not ripped out but was degraded though the activity of micro flora and fauna. We now know that this was fully acknowledged at the time (1959),
    Was the type of radiation mentioned in some accounts ever identified? Was it superficial or penetrative? What we mean by this is was it something they touched or did it permeate their bodies? The reason that this is important is that it distinguishes between recent weapon use and merely background exposure.

Again, the short answer is: The radiation was superficial and this fact has been known for some time. It is generally irresponsible journalism that has exaggerated the importance of this aspect of the Dyatlov Pass case.
    “The radiation referred to has been identified as beta-radiation with the characteristics of isotope K-40. This is very weak contamination and certainly superficial.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Sounds like some kind of KGB operation...

Advertisement