Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mozzarella sticks?

Options
  • 11-06-2011 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I've attempted these before, and the breadcrumbs didnt stick as they should and then it didn't seal fat enough so the cheese just dripped. Any pointers on how to make them properly ? Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

TBH I just buy them in Aldi. they are really nice...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Usually when you're coating food in breadcrumbs you need to roll it in flour first, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs. Some people even return it to the egg at this stage and coat it in breadcrumbs again. You'd also get better results if you use bought breadcrumbs such as Paxo, and crushed Ritz crackers work really well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yup, as Dizzy mentioned, double crumbing is the way to go with deep fried cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lisabisa

Usually when you're coating food in breadcrumbs you need to roll it in flour first, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs. Some people even return it to the egg at this stage and coat it in breadcrumbs again. You'd also get better results if you use bought breadcrumbs such as Paxo, and crushed Ritz crackers work really well too.

Ah thank you! I'll try double crumbing and hope it works! :D

Advertisement