Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocketts of the Metal Man

Options
  • 11-06-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Looked closed when I went passed today. Does anyone know what is happening?

Hope they haven't become another victim of the recession :(; lovely place for a family meal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jupiter85

No way, are you sure? Saw a few people in the sands the other night- maybe it was a private party. It would be great if someone would take it on for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

gone bust as far as i know..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sarahfayess

Heard a few rumours that its gone bust - fingers crossed that it hasnt, its a lovely place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Pity to hear if it gone bust, heard the food there was savage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

No way - can anyone confirm?? Love the food up there...its half the reason I come to Tramore!!!

• Advertisement

So it says on the WLR FM twitter page! wonder which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

Would be very sad to see this place going, was always a great pub and I remember on a Sunday during the summer the place used to be full to the brim.

Completely revamped when the last owner sold it two or three years ago - I think it may have lost quite a few regulars....it was always a great spot though I spent many a summer day there in my youth!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

jupiter85 wrote: »
    So it says on the WLR FM twitter page! wonder which one?

??

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Sorry to say it, but I was always under-whelmed by the food in Rocketts. It always had a great reputation but for me never lived up to it. I tried it 5 or 6 times and gave up after that as I always left disappointed. Sorry to hear it's shut down though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Pity to see it gone bust, but the place had been going downhill for a long time - food wasn't great. Ribs were nice though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Yah it closed after May bank holiday i think. Not a surprise though, there was nothing happening there, was bleeding money id say. Good trade on a sunday but that wont pay for the rest of the week.

It is a shame, used to be great craic in there. plenty of money went into it to revamp it too. another shirt left at the door...

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

yeah closed lads ...another victim of the recession !!!!!

Does anyone know who owns it at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

John Rockett, I believe bought sometime after he sold the Seahorse on Strand St

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

You would think it be ok for the Summer to do well though?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

who knows what is happening behind the scenes these days, but it was bought around 2007 , bubble just about to pop so gods know what kind of repayments are on it.
    pity more job losses and a nice location, hopefully someone else will take it on

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

closed unfortunately it had been quiet there werent as many locals going in there like last year

Advertisement