Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fertiliser spreader parts

• 11-06-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I have a Teagle XT22 twin disc spreader. Holds half a tone, Only problem is it manual opening and it is very hard to operate. Im looking for the hydraulic ram to suit, I price a new one and they are crazy money, (€300 +), ANyone ideas where i could get a ram or is there anyone breaking spreaders? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

If you only tried the main dealers for the part I wouldn't be surprised that you got that quote as they just give prices off the top of their heads for odd parts for old machines. Maybe if you tried a few machinery websites or Uk websites. I was quoted €360 for a small part at main dealers a few years ago and ended up getting the same part at Clarke machinery for €114 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

try the likes of ramko in northern ireland or a local engineering supplies,genfit in mayo are fairly gud...for a small two way ram and it should be fairly straight foward to make i fit,ram and two quater pipes shouldn cost any more than 100 euros....main dealers sud be avoided if at all possible......mean dealers i reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mf2909

Guys
    Thanks for the replies. I hope to make it to genfitt this week and see if they can help. Yes main dealers are a rip off, I am trying the internet all the timw to see if anything comes up that i could get handy. By the way it was €330 in Louth and €290 at Alexander Mills. I only gace €150 for the spreader on e bay and its a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

http://www.goldenpages.ie/burke-engineering-works-athenry/
    these lads will make any size ram for you I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

old power steering rams etc off scrapped tractors and diggers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

There's one on donedeal this evening, €80 in Mayo

Advertisement