Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerMax Complete Problem

Options
  • 11-06-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need some advice with a problem with a PowerMax Complete system. I'm unable to arm the system as it is in a "not ready" state and claims that a door is open. The door is closed as per usual but the system is not registering this for some reason.

This issue has occured once before and it somehow righted itself after a few hours but there must be a way to prevent this from happening.

The system has been installed about 18 months at this stage.

Any advice would be much appreciated?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Home Security Systems.
    On your keyfob press the star button. It should tell you what zone is open/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

El Camino wrote: »
    Hi all,

I need some advice with a problem with a PowerMax Complete system. I'm unable to arm the system as it is in a "not ready" state and claims that a door is open. The door is closed as per usual but the system is not registering this for some reason.

This issue has occured once before and it somehow righted itself after a few hours but there must be a way to prevent this from happening.

The system has been installed about 18 months at this stage.

Any advice would be much appreciated?

It may be a problem with the magnet. If you have a magnet can you put this beside the sensor and see if this closes the reed on the sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

Ok, so as expected the problem seems to have fixed itself the following day. I presume that this magnet trick not work until such time as the fault appears again which is not ideal.

Is there anyway to replicate this in te meantime. Invariably this only seems to occur late at night when setting the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

El Camino wrote: »
    Ok, so as expected the problem seems to have fixed itself the following day. I presume that this magnet trick not work until such time as the fault appears again which is not ideal.

Is there anyway to replicate this in te meantime. Invariably this only seems to occur late at night when setting the alarm.

All you can do is wait till it shows up again and see if placing a magnet beside the reed in the sensor will close the zone.

Advertisement