Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rejected one at a time??

Options
  • 12-06-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Got a letter of refusal from ul during the week just gone, fine, but there was only mention of one of the courses I applied for for.
    Hows this supposed to work? Am I due another refusal letter, a place, was there a mistake?

The mature stuents office much help either.
    Any advice or similar stories with a conclusion of any description would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

What course were you applying for,and did you get a pretty lame answer from mature student office as to why ?? Like "fierece competition for places" or "great interview,not any ....skillls." Would be odd if you did have the skills ,as otherwise why would you need to go to college to get them?? Applied myself and was refused.Wonder is this the new tactic for the Depression??Refuse mature students.. Love to hear from anyone in the UL mature students who were refused this year.:confused:
    PM if you want.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I think the stats last year were 700 applicants for 200 places so only 28% success rate for applicants.
    You should try again next year if that is possible or revise the course you are applying for.

or try http://www.bluebrick.ie/Springboard/ to improve your chances for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

or try http://www.bluebrick.ie/Springboard/ to improve your chances for next year.
    I've certs coming out the door... Mean diddly these days:(...Need a degree before you are taken seriously anymore.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

I only heard of the springboard programme last week so I am just catching up information wise.I come from a construction/engineering background and was looknig at a change in direction.Has anyone decided to do something different from their previous background,is this likely to hinder a persons access.Was there or will there be information evenings.Is there a formal interview process,the website is a bit vague,how many hours,where can it lead to etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 shtopthelights

• Advertisement
Advertisement