Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing in the O2 cattle market

Options
  • 12-06-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭

Never ever ever again. I went to see Roger Waters in the O2. I thought he was only playing one night so when I could only get standing room on Ticketmaster, I just went with it. Boy, it was a mistake. For starters €75 yoyos a ticket. Steep enough at the best of times, but worth it to see one of Roger's live shows. I couldn't believe it when I walked in the door, and headed for the hotdog stand. I looked across and I saw the bricks of the wall in front of me. I was very impressed with the set design. I turned to my brother and said "the back of the set is amazing isn't it ? Imagine what it will be like when we walk through into the concert venue". He replied "Eh, we're actually IN the concert venue already". Incredibly in the new O2 set up, the plebs who stand don't go from the bar INTO another area to stand. Standing beside the bar, the candy store, or the hot dog stand is all part of what you pay your €75 for !!!! I couldn't believe it. The whole night, I was surrounded by people who wanted to drink themselves into oblivion, or go to the toilet and excrete the beer out...eh I like a drink as much as the next man, but why oh why is it always in the middle of a concert, when some people are there for their enjoyment of the artist, and don't want to have to put up with hammered drunks staggering around invading their space. I'll never ever stand in the O2 again. It's a con job. They are cramming up to 13,000 people into the downstairs standing. Welcome to rip off greedy Ireland. Maybe the Point was smaller, but you never felt as if you were being walked on, and the bar was away from the downstairs standing area. Whoever designed the new O2 needs to be shot with balls of their own shyte

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Roger who?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Rodger who?

Roger Waters of Pink Floyd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

They sell cattle there now too? Must not be making much outta the gigs anymore.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Roger Waters of Pink Floyd
    I would'nt pay €75 if God was playing in the O2

• Registered Users Posts: 83,326 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Never ever ever again. I went to see Roger Waters in the O2. I thought he was only playing one night so when I could only get standing room on Ticketmaster, I just went with it. Boy, it was a mistake. For starters €75 yoyos a ticket. Steep enough at the best of times, but worth it to see one of Roger's live shows. I couldn't believe it when I walked in the door, and headed for the hotdog stand. I looked across and I saw the bricks of the wall in front of me. I was very impressed with the set design. I turned to my brother and said "the back of the set is amazing isn't it ? Imagine what it will be like when we walk through into the concert venue". He replied "Eh, we're actually IN the concert venue already". Incredibly in the new O2 set up, the plebs who stand don't go from the bar INTO another area to stand. Standing beside the bar, the candy store, or the hot dog stand is all part of what you pay your €75 for !!!! I couldn't believe it. The whole night, I was surrounded by people who wanted to drink themselves into oblivion, or go to the toilet and excrete the beer out...eh I like a drink as much as the next man, but why oh why is it always in the middle of a concert, when some people are there for their enjoyment of the artist, and don't want to have to put up with hammered drunks staggering around invading their space. I'll never ever stand in the O2 again. It's a con job. They are cramming up to 13,000 people into the downstairs standing. Welcome to rip off greedy Ireland. Maybe the Point was smaller, but you never felt as if you were being walked on, and the bar was away from the downstairs standing area. Whoever designed the new O2 needs to be shot with balls of their own shyte
    Shouldve called the fire department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭cml387

Well,all and all we're just another

cml387 wrote: »
    Well,all and all we're just another
    WOW you hit the nail on the head there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Now you know how your words feel.

part of the great capitalist conspiracy.

Sorry,I got cut off there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Stupid greedy Roger Whatsisface charging 75 bleedin yoyos for people to go to his concert :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

All in all, you're just another pr1ck in east wall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Overheal wrote: »

fire brigade,Fire.brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's not called the fire department here, it's called Tomas.

My point is that the design of the standing space at the new O2 sucks farts, regardless of who the artist is who is playing...

I have to give you that one. That was funny !

Personally I think they went downhill after "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn".

• Registered Users Posts: 83,326 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

pmcmahon wrote: »
    fire brigade,Fire.brigade.
    fine you get the Brigadier on the phone and YOU TELL HIM theres an overcapacity issue at the O2 and they need to be in trouble. And ****.

Brigade. Pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

It's taken you nearly three weeks to put that rant together..

cml387 wrote: »
    Personally I think they went downhill after "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn".

God, you didn't hang around long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm feeling Comfortably Numb......probably from the weed.

• Advertisement

fine you get the Brigadier on the phone and YOU TELL HIM theres an overcapacity issue at the O2 and they need to be in trouble. And ****.

Brigade. Pfft.

i'll post a telegram to the brigadier general sharpish m'lord

God, you didn't hang around long

Fickle,me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

i like :p

... All in all, you're just another pr1ck in the dáil :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

I don't know which O2 you went to, but the one in Dublin is incredible. Easily, one of the best venues in Europe. This is coming from being there for 6+ gigs, both standing and sitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I was in the O2 tonight and didn't see a Roger Waters.

Seen a lonely girl, looked like she was living in a lonely world and so I said to her: "I've been waiting for a girl like you". She told me to feck off and I said: "Jaysus, you're as cold as ice, sure I just want to know what love is". It worked and she stood before me with open arms, so don't stop believing that you have it in you as you can still pull that girl of your dreams, as when you do, it will feel like the first time once again and you will have it any way you want it.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I was in the O2 tonight and didn't see a Rodger Waters.

Seen a lonely girl, looked like she was living in a lonely world and so I said to her: "I've been waiting for a girl like you". She told me to feck off and I said: "Jaysus, you're as cold as ice, sure I just want to know what love is". It worked and she stood before me with open arms, so don't stop believing you have it in you, you can pull that girl you think is of your league, as when you do, it will feel like the first time once again and you will have it any way you want it.

Two shyte bands for the price of one

Redlion wrote: »
    I don't know which O2 you went to, but the one in Dublin is incredible. Easily, one of the best venues in Europe. This is coming from being there for 6+ gigs, both standing and sitting.

earls court is clearly superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Two shyte bands for the price of one

Three actually ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

pmcmahon wrote: »
    earls court is clearly superior.
    Jesus Christ... Saw Prince there in 90/91... Awful place for a gig.

Advertisement