Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road closed - possible car crash??

• 12-06-2011 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Possibly two serious accidents on wexford to waterford road.
    Driving home from Wexford tonight. Just after coming over the bridge in new Ross the road was closed off by gardai.

Then as I was coming into Waterford a couple of miles from the roundabout for the toll bridge, the road was closed off by Gardai again.

Really hoping it wasn't two serious crashes or anything. Anyone know? Nothing on the local news.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

eolasguy wrote: »
    Possibly two serious accidents on wexford to waterford road.
    Driving home from Wexford tonight. Just after coming over the bridge in new Ross the road was closed off by gardai.

Then as I was coming into Waterford a couple of miles from the roundabout for the toll bridge, the road was closed off by Gardai again.

Really hoping it wasn't two serious crashes or anything. Anyone know? Nothing on the local news.

one big crash as far as i know. two people critical in aidkeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

There was a four car collision near Glenmore (about 10K outside Waterford City). Not sure about injuries etc. That section of the road reopened around midnight tonight.

There was at least 5 ambulances and lots of fire engines and gardaí coming to and from the scene. I'd say it happened around 16:30 this afternoon. I live in the general area.

No information anywhere online about the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Advertisement