Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork chop v medallion

Options
  • 12-06-2011 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Found some pork chops in the freezer so going to use them tomorrow. I have a Supervalu/Kevin Dundon recipe that looks quite tasty - Sesame Crusted Pork. I tried to find the recipe online to show it but failed, because I have an issue with one part of it.

He says to "trim the pork steaks of all excess sinew [... then] cut them into medallions (round)". Taking a normal pork chop (bought at the Tesco butcher counter, I think), is the sinew the fatty bit on the side? Also, what does cut them into medallions (round) mean? I looked up a picture of a medallion but it's a bit unclear as to how to get that shape from a chop. Let's say my chops look like this, what do I need to do to follow Kevin's advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Pork fillet AKA Pork steak AKA Pork Tenderloin is often confused with pork chops. Its the pig equivalent of a beef fillet steak. A fillet has some tough sinew around the head which is better if removed.

ttar_pork_tenderloin_v.jpgherb-crusted-pork-loin_HEN.jpg

Does this look like the meat in your recipe? I am not a chef by the way, only passing on what I have picked up over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

You're right, on second look, it's a pork steak he's talking about. I'd say the recipe would work fine with pork chops aswell, tks!

Advertisement