Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What subjects are the easiest to take up in a year to repeat the LC?

• 12-06-2011 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

I am already doing. Business , french , geography , maths , engineering, english. I don't do irish. I think I'll be repeating.
    I want to drop french and engineering and english(I wouldn't mind doing english again ordinary lv).
    So that means doing maths (probably won't reach the requirement)
    geography, business ,
    Taking up: Economics , biology ,spanish or classical studies.
    I've done spanish for 2 years but that was like 5 years ago but I really love learning spanish and I remember it a little . I've always hated french which is why I do bad in it. I wouldn't be starting from scratch just need to go over a few basics and the grammar.
    Or any other subjects you recommend ?
    Where is the best place to repeat Rathmines or Plunketts anywhere else apart from The Institute?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Would those subjects be good to do for repeating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I would say construction is a nice one to do in a year because theres a project + a practical as well as the written test, if you're alright with your hands and logical you will do well in that.

Economics ive taken up this year and im aiming for an A, but I have an amazing teacher so hes probably the main reason for me going for the A.
    Spanish ive been told is a lot easier than french, so if you already know a bit i would say its a good idea for you to take it up.

Biology I would be wary of as its a long course with lots of experiments to do etc.

Dont know anything about classical sorry =/

Ag. science is the usual one people take up for repeating but you have to do a large project and its just lots of rote learning, or so ive been told.

Maybe DCG?

I would put forward the courses like DCG and construction, since you're doing engineering. It would be good if you're planning to study engineering or something similar in college =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Agricultural science.

French is hard to repeat unless you like or are good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Is three new subjects not a lot to pick up in one year?

What is DCG?

I wouldn't keep engineering I found it hard. I only ended up doing it because I didn't like the teacher who taught geography you wouldn't learn or it was do art and I can't do art.
    I did have a look at construction before.
    I'll probably do spanish I hate french which is my reason for doing terrible I've done it nearly 7 years. I should be great at it. I'd enjoy spanish to.
    What colleges do Ag Science? I've had a look at plunketts or raathmines neither of them have it. Or I'd take it up outside?

• Advertisement

Is three new subjects not a lot to pick up in one year?

I don't think it be to hard.
    Economics - supposed to be a short course and I already do business ,
    Classical studies - I had a look at the classical studies paper it doesn't look to hard just need to learn off topics,
    spanish - if I started going over it or even do a course to help me , an I'm not starting from scratch.
    Biology - I've done a bit before an did science for the junior wasn't too hard.

I'm more motivated an like those subjects. I'll try anyway. I already know I've done terrible. Won't even get 300 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Classics is a brilliant one to take up in a year. I took it up in September as I need an extra HL subject. I've been getting low As/high Bs all year. I got an A2 in the mock with very little cramming before hand. It's really interesting as well. It can be very boring at times, but overall it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Biology!
    You don't need to actually DO the experiments, they're pretty OK to learn if you take it logically.
    If you are good at sciency things and understanding things Biology should be grand to do in 1 year. You are going to need to apply yourself but it's not too hard!

Or I could do all those 7 subjects it feels too risky doing only 6 which I'm doing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

I'll say what I always say. Take up ag! I took it up in one year, started in October, had the course done by March, was revision from then on and I got an A1. I won't say that I didn't work hard but it required less effort than most of my other subjects despite ag being my new subject.
    I wouldn't recommend taking up 3 new ones, that would be a lot of pressure. It might be easier to try and just improve at least one of the subjects you already have and take 2 new

• Advertisement

lctake2 wrote: »
    I'll say what I always say. Take up ag! I took it up in one year, started in October, had the course done by March, was revision from then on and I got an A1. I won't say that I didn't work hard but it required less effort than most of my other subjects despite ag being my new subject.
    I wouldn't recommend taking up 3 new ones, that would be a lot of pressure. It might be easier to try and just improve at least one of the subjects you already have and take 2 new

Do many places do Ag science? I haven't seen it anywhere? or where do they do it ? Do you take it up outside the college?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ladybike

magicianz wrote: »
    I would say construction is a nice one

Maybe DCG?

I'm repeating construction, hope to get a high B, first year doing it, definateley do-able..
    As for DCG, (technical graphics), no chance of getting a very high result unless you did it at some point before! :pac:

I don't think I'd take up another practical this year.

Advertisement